• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Neptunis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kraken

Mapping Team Lead
Reaction score
I do like it, however I suggest you might want to change the name of it. We are currently in the making of a map called Atlantis, which is underwater. Just a suggestion :p

uygkuh

Platinum
Reaction score
Good Idea about the map but one thing I put on all threads for maps is why people use shaders.
I know form being in team elite and stuff and they like to use them for making maps look good and such but I feel it is pointless.
But coming away from that topic I feel that the map looks really good but another thing is that maybe try using a variety of block rather than just wood and stone brick, But correct me if im wrong

uygkuh

Platinum
Reaction score
Fair enough. I would very much be in need of suggestions for names, though :p

Edit: I just realized I posted first; you should have said something. I realize you're a senior mod and I respect your authority. But at the same time, it's not fair to suggest that I change the name over a month after I made the thread. :/
But still you are making a map that isn't actually underwater and ours is actually underwater which in actual fact Atlantis is underwater

uygkuh

Platinum
Reaction score
I'll try to keep from getting harsh, but you obviously didn't look very closely at anything but the very beginning of the thread. But even those screenshots show that the entire map is surrounded by water, like completely surrounded. If you take a look, there's a lot more than stone brick and wood by the way. I don't mean to sound like a prick, but what you said just wasn't true at all. Yeah, and the video I have up doesn't use shaders, and all of the screenshots besides the ones at the beginning of the thread are using just optifine.
Well then I must be blind xD

ThePikachuPro

Career
Reaction score
Just curious, when did you start it?
Just to give you a heads up, there are many Atlantis maps being worked on, and you seem very confident that's yours is the best. Others can also have the same idea and interpret it in different ways. One build team has not revealed to the public about this, unless you manage to find it. But back on topic. I am a builder on an Atlantis map being worked on currently, and my response is completely bias, but I do enjoy a lot of the builds. I think the only thing I can think of is make corn a bit more interesting, and possibly find a better way of lighting. Beside that this map has amazing potential.

lakerfuffle

Career
Reaction score
Starting on the underground part :D
Any people interested in helping, I'm accepting one person, age 14 or over.

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
For the problem with lighting, you could put glowstone behind leaves. Leaves are not completely opaque, so a good amount of light go through them. Additionally, in houses, you could turn the furnaces on to add more light in the house.

Edit: I would love to help in the making of this map. What must I do in order to get involved in the project?

lakerfuffle

Career
Reaction score
To be honest, I downloaded the map. Saw the glowstone, and thought the lighting looked very bad. Maybe find another way to light it up? I love the buildings tho
might put leaf blocks over the glowstone, we'll see. the lighting as you see now will definitely not be how it is when it's finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci