• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Minecraft 1.9: The Combat Update

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I put in some suggestions. It's great to see the Mojangsters finally acknowledging out communities! Personally, though, I think to have a major impact, we must come together, like Serverr said.

Freshly

District 13
Reaction score
Always thought it was important for Mojang to ask what is it that WE would like. Everyone should give their opinions, comments, and concerns for the future of Combat/PVP in Minecraft.

wertea

Platinum
Reaction score
If they remove the sprint key from the game, I would actually play again, that in my opinion was the most skillful thing about minecraft.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
If they remove the sprint key from the game, I would actually play again, that in my opinion was the most skillful thing about minecraft.
Some guy on reddit actually suggested adding a Toggle Sprint key xD

5Life

crafter extraordinaire
Reaction score
I feel like this update is just going to make matters worse for MC.
As a person who has played for almost 4 years, I feel like the whole concept of Minecraft is slowly becoming lost in continuous updates upon updates of crap that isn't needed. Before 1.0 (arguably 1.8) the game was meant to be a survival one, it was doing great. But as it has updated over time, it can't really decide whether to be a survival or magic-ey kind of game. The game hasn't got enough features to call itself a magic based game, and yet the devs continue to add these updates which try to make it so, and many of the updates should really just be mods, not updates.
The game isn't really supposed to be a PvP game either, its just a few communities that are based around a small section of the game have grown. Tbh, I don't really want this kind of update happening. At the end of the day, and actual dedicated survival update would be nice for a change - things that are actually needed in a game that is in the genre of "survival."

Coferic

Gold
Reaction score
I can say, I am quite excited for this update. I really do hope that they do a good job when it comes to matching mechanics with what the community is going to be asking for. Can't wait to see what happens!

Reaction score
Seriously? Not a full page yet?
Like Vinyl said I think we should discuss this as a group. I think we can all agree that Minecraft PVP mechanics should be less tycoony. Like, as in, MORE ITEMS AND MORE ARMOR AND MORE POTS ENCHANTS e.t.c.
I think the reason why we like Minecraft is that there is so much we can do with so little. I think some little things are required to make that difference, even as far as to remove some aspects perhaps? Discuss! Pin?
just get hexxit

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
If it goes back to how it was in 1.7 I might be able to kill a team! I know im bad

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I have a feeling they're going down a more radical route than some people seem to be thinking. I highly doubt the extent of the update will be removing things that, in the grand scheme of things, are rather minor, like the sprint key. As long as they don't make it too gimmicky and complex I'll be fine, but as it stands the combat system is really barebones.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci