• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Minecraft 1.9: The Combat Update

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
Hello tributes,

This'll be a rather short post, but the news contained herein is important nonetheless.
Dinnerbone tweeted and made a Reddit post today stating that Minecraft 1.9 will be the Combat Update, and that Mojang is looking for suggestions as to how to make PvP better, as everyone is afraid of them screwing up the update and making combat even worse.

Here's the tweet:

Click here for the associated Reddit post.

I'd like to encourage every single one of you who are concerned with how PvP mechanics work now and in the future to comment on the Reddit post linked above. Mojang's changes to Minecraft are the main driving force in how our PvP mechanics work, so for any real changes to happen in the combat experience, they need to happen on Mojang's side.

Please remember to be as detailed as possible with your descriptions on the Reddit post; simply stating "1.7 mechanics pls" won't help Mojang any.

Just to reiterate - although you are allowed to discuss any potential changes 1.9 will bring to the combat experience on our forums, you are encouraged to make these discussions on the Reddit thread, to allow Mojang and the Minecraft community as a whole to see these discussions.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Lets just hope Mojang doesn't overdue it, and think that since they are calling it 1.9 it means they have to change a lot. A little tweaks here and there wouldn't hurt, but I just hope they don't make any major changes.

Last edited:
K

KiDD

Yes, yes, yes. Please check out the reddit post and really explain, and elaborate on why, if you do, dislike the current mechanics of 1.8 PvP. Suggest what you think is better, and elaborate. The more, the better. I'm also liking some feature suggestions I've seen there as well..

If they come to notice a majority of the people wanting specific things changed with this update, it should be a really nice one.

Jurud

Survivor
Reaction score
This is all very exciting, can't wait to see what you guys do with the changes!

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
Seriously? Not a full page yet?
Like Vinyl said I think we should discuss this as a group. I think we can all agree that Minecraft PVP mechanics should be less tycoony. Like, as in, MORE ITEMS AND MORE ARMOR AND MORE POTS ENCHANTS e.t.c.
I think the reason why we like Minecraft is that there is so much we can do with so little. I think some little things are required to make that difference, even as far as to remove some aspects perhaps? Discuss! Pin?

J

District 13
Reaction score
Why care about PvP when you can toggle???
Just kidding :p, but hopefully the 1.9 combat update will be great. Now, if people start saying bring back 1.8 pvp when MCGamer updates to 1.9.....I don't even.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci