• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCSG needs a drastic change - Some ideas to get it 1 step ahead of hive

XPandaXzX

Survivor
Reaction score
I like the ideas, but the whole "we gotta get ahead of the hive" is so f***ing annoying.
The Hive is NOT our enemy in any way. Anyone who thinks this is clearly unaware of the situation. The Hive already apologized. (on there forums here's the link http://forum.hivemc.com/threads/about-mcsg-the-full-story-and-forum-etiquette.3222/ ) Trying to get ahead of the Hive in a sense is retarded. But I chose to look at the topic differently and I love these ideas! I'm not trying to start a flame war on this topic, but if people really want to get "ahead" of the Hive, they need to stop caring about what the Hive does. I personally play on both. I love them both. I love both of their community's. They both have faults game wise and forum wise. On mcsg, one problem being people posting about how to get ahead of the Hive, or about how they hate mcsg and are going to the Hive. Mcsg's players should try to improve the game, not so the Hive fails but so mcsg becomes stronger in general.
Keep up the good ideas, by the way. :)

hobo1955

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I like the ideas, but the whole "we gotta get ahead of the hive" is so f***ing annoying.
The Hive is NOT our enemy in any way. Anyone who thinks this is clearly unaware of the situation. The Hive already apologized. (on there forums here's the link http://forum.hivemc.com/threads/about-mcsg-the-full-story-and-forum-etiquette.3222/ ) Trying to get ahead of the Hive in a sense is retarded. But I chose to look at the topic differently and I love these ideas! I'm not trying to start a flame war on this topic, but if people really want to get "ahead" of the Hive, they need to stop caring about what the Hive does. I personally play on both. I love them both. I love both of their community's. They both have faults game wise and forum wise. On mcsg, one problem being people posting about how to get ahead of the Hive, or about how they hate mcsg and are going to the Hive. Mcsg's players should try to improve the game, not so the Hive fails but so mcsg becomes stronger in general.
Keep up the good ideas, by the way. :)
There will always be competition between the two. No matter what.
But I read the post and I believe it is dumb to hate on the hive. I apologise for my post. I didn't understand the situation 100%

XPandaXzX

Survivor
Reaction score
There will always be competition between the two. No matter what.
But I read the post and I believe it is dumb to hate on the hive. I apologise for my post. I didn't understand the situation 100%
But the Hive really does mind there own business. It's mcsg reaaally holding the grudge. I'm not saying Hive doesn't but at least there aren't a million posts complaining about the MCSG. Also people need to realize the Hive isn't just SG. That's another reason the Hive haters on here look extremely childish. Plus why does it have to be competition? I myself got a bit ticked off when 1.5 plugin came out. The tier system is pretty much the exact same as the Hives one. (without golden swords) Why can't they work together? In less they already are, and we haven't been told.

MCJackson

District 13
Reaction score
We used to have mobs in the game which would add a lot of interesting ways to play into the game. You used to have to be careful to go out for chests and it wasn't easy. I wish they added mobs back because now it is whoever gets iron and a diamond sword wins.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I think 4 and 5 would work well. But I'd prefer it if agressive wolves spawned on Sg1.

JaysWing

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Your ideas are well meant, but it would be impossible to get it into the servers without requiring everyone who plays to download a mod. New players who don't know how to install mods won't be able to play the servers if this is added.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Your ideas are well meant, but it would be impossible to get it into the servers without requiring everyone who plays to download a mod. New players who don't know how to install mods won't be able to play the servers if this is added.
Plugins can do a lot these days - it's totally possible! c:

hobo1955

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I have contacted a developer like I said previously. He told me which ideas are possible and which aren't...

Zoeticly

Platinum
Reaction score
THE HIVE IS 1 STEP AHEAD OF MCSG. MCSG REALLY NEEDS TO ADD UNIQUE THINS TO MAKE THE GAME MORE INTERESTING!
================================================================

MY IDEAS:
Automated 'disasters' : This could vary depending on the map , to both make the maps more balanced and exciting! Heres my ideas depending on each map (not bothered to do all of them) It would announce each disaster and give you a 20 second warning.

SG1 : At night (first refill , or maybe after a certain amount of people have died) All of the
spectators online come back as zombies with wooden axes and their player heads equipped(like minez) they also have a compass which leads them towards the nearest player. they have no armor and can't heal. They also automatically die after 5 minutes. The zombies earn 5 points for every player they kill.

SG2 : Angry wovles or 'mutts' spawn around the circumfrence of the dome ( maybe 15 in total) forcing players to move towards spawn. This could occur when there are 6 people left.

SG3: A tsunami : water levels stat to rise , 1 block every 30 seconds , from the 10 minute mark. Upon contact with the water the player starts taking damage. Boats would be very useful if that where to happen and could be added to the sponsor menu.

SG4: 'bombers' appear in the sky , dropping random primed TNT blocks around the map for 3 minutes , forcing people to get to shelter and go towards the urban areas.

SG5: A snow storm could start at the edge of the dome , spreading inwards slowly. Once in the snow your hunger will rapidly fall , along with your armor durability , causing players to keep on the move.

Breeze Island : Killer squids or some sort of creature could appear in the water when there are 6 people left. Im not sure how to make killer squids but im sure theres a way. An alternative : an Earthquake which launches people into the air , but not doing enough damage to lower their health too low. It would reveal the location of certain people as Breeze island is quite an open map.

QUARTER QUELLS:
Every 25 games played on a server is a quarter quell. These could be much more difficult to win on but would earn you twice the points. Im not sure what kinds of things could happen in quarter quells so suggest in the comments :D

SUGGEST YOUR IDEAS IN THE COMMENTS ON WHAT DISASTERS COULD OCCUR AND HOW YOU COULD BALANCE THEM! REMEMBER , THERE CAN BE MULTIPLE DISASTERS ON THE SAME MAP! LETS NOT LET HIVE GET MORE POPULAR THAN MCSG!
what do you think mcsgv2 was? it was a HUGE change. i personally think mcsg is fine. once they fix a few bugs and the lag goes away it will be awesome. STOP COMPLAINING or just go to the hive dude.

Zoeticly

Platinum
Reaction score
+Chad‘s well long livestream to make the community feel closer and give players the feel that he is still caring for his community. I am not saying that he isn't, but rather that right now he feels more like a god you can choose whether or not to believe in (since he rarely makes appearance IG or at the forums), than the owner of these servers.
probably because he is try to fix problems and if he did make more appearances people would just complain that he isnt fixing the problems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci