• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCSG needs a drastic change - Some ideas to get it 1 step ahead of hive

hobo1955

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
THE HIVE IS 1 STEP AHEAD OF MCSG. MCSG REALLY NEEDS TO ADD UNIQUE THINS TO MAKE THE GAME MORE INTERESTING!
================================================================

MY IDEAS:
Automated 'disasters' : This could vary depending on the map , to both make the maps more balanced and exciting! Heres my ideas depending on each map (not bothered to do all of them) It would announce each disaster and give you a 20 second warning.

SG1 : At night (first refill , or maybe after a certain amount of people have died) All of the
spectators online come back as zombies with wooden axes and their player heads equipped(like minez) they also have a compass which leads them towards the nearest player. they have no armor and can't heal. They also automatically die after 5 minutes. The zombies earn 5 points for every player they kill.

SG2 : Angry wovles or 'mutts' spawn around the circumfrence of the dome ( maybe 15 in total) forcing players to move towards spawn. This could occur when there are 6 people left.

SG3: A tsunami : water levels stat to rise , 1 block every 30 seconds , from the 10 minute mark. Upon contact with the water the player starts taking damage. Boats would be very useful if that where to happen and could be added to the sponsor menu.

SG4: 'bombers' appear in the sky , dropping random primed TNT blocks around the map for 3 minutes , forcing people to get to shelter and go towards the urban areas.

SG5: A snow storm could start at the edge of the dome , spreading inwards slowly. Once in the snow your hunger will rapidly fall , along with your armor durability , causing players to keep on the move.

Breeze Island : Killer squids or some sort of creature could appear in the water when there are 6 people left. Im not sure how to make killer squids but im sure theres a way. An alternative : an Earthquake which launches people into the air , but not doing enough damage to lower their health too low. It would reveal the location of certain people as Breeze island is quite an open map.

QUARTER QUELLS:
Every 25 games played on a server is a quarter quell. These could be much more difficult to win on but would earn you twice the points. Im not sure what kinds of things could happen in quarter quells so suggest in the comments :D

SUGGEST YOUR IDEAS IN THE COMMENTS ON WHAT DISASTERS COULD OCCUR AND HOW YOU COULD BALANCE THEM! REMEMBER , THERE CAN BE MULTIPLE DISASTERS ON THE SAME MAP! LETS NOT LET HIVE GET MORE POPULAR THAN MCSG!

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
No, no, no, no, AND NO!!!!!! No offense, but those ideas would have people leaving in a heartbeat. We want Survival Games, not GET KILLED BY DISASTER games!!!! The only reason the HIVE might be ahead is because it is less laggy, the chests are better, and there are less hackers (that is questionable).

hobo1955

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
No, no, no, no, AND NO!!!!!! No offense, but those ideas would have people leaving in a heartbeat. We want Survival Games, not GET KILLED BY DISASTER games!!!! The only reason the HIVE might be ahead is because it is less laggy, the chests are better, and there are less hackers (that is questionable).
But mcsg is so boring atm....

Also right now mcsg is too much of a big pvp arena...

ManOfTheBread

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The survival games are based on the Hunger Games, which is basically the disaster games. (that's actually all i have to say to u :3)
---------------------------------
This idea is brilliant. At first when I saw the title, I thought it was just another MCSG rant thread, that I would end up ranting on. But it turns out, I absolutely LOVE these ideas. It's about time MCSG becomes less repetitive, and more interesting. And these ideas help out with both of these, in fact, I would take this over mobs in a heartbeat. If you can manage to survive these attacks, that's how we know who the real winner is, who the real survivor is. Not some noob, who knows how to hide in a tree for 30 minutes, shouting "In benja we trust! In bacca we must!". These ideas bring a color, and uniqueness to MCSG that no other server has. You're on edge. Heart racing. Waiting for the countdown to end, for that disaster attack. Hoping you have enough to survive on. In fact! This might even help with the voting problems. People might not like that SG 4 gets bombed on, and may vote for another map. I might suggest having 3-5 set ideas of disasters for each map, so that every game, the disaster is randomized. Or maybe even have some games with no disasters at all. And to have the disaster sometime between 3-20 minutes into the game, at any random point, so you won't expect it. Although, this idea should be implemented before all the bug fixes. Because if we implement them, right after all the fixes are made, then we will have to deal with another heap of bugs for the next 1-3 weeks. If it's implemented now, then we can get all the bugs out of the way so we can have that well deserved bug free period.

hobo1955

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The survival games are based on the Hunger Games, which is basically the disaster games. (that's actually all i have to say to u :3)
---------------------------------
This idea is brilliant. At first when I saw the title, I thought it was just another MCSG rant thread, that I would end up ranting on. But it turns out, I absolutely LOVE these ideas. It's about time MCSG becomes less repetitive, and more interesting. And these ideas help out with both of these, in fact, I would take this over mobs in a heartbeat. If you can manage to survive these attacks, that's how we know who the real winner is, who the real survivor is. Not some noob, who knows how to hide in a tree for 30 minutes, shouting "In benja we trust! In bacca we must!". These ideas bring a color, and uniqueness to MCSG that no other server has. You're on edge. Heart racing. Waiting for the countdown to end, for that disaster attack. Hoping you have enough to survive on. In fact! This might even help with the voting problems. People might not like that SG 4 gets bombed on, and may vote for another map. I might suggest having 3-5 set ideas of disasters for each map, so that every game, the disaster is randomized. Or maybe even have some games with no disasters at all. And to have the disaster sometime between 3-20 minutes into the game, at any random point, so you won't expect it. Although, this idea should be implemented before all the bug fixes. Because if we implement them, right after all the fixes are made, then we will have to deal with another heap of bugs for the next 1-3 weeks. If it's implemented now, then we can get all the bugs out of the way so we can have that well deserved bug free period.
It would take alot of developing for this to work so it may take some time if they decide to make it.

Also , maybe spectators could pay a large sum of points to cause disasters. This feature could be premium to donators to encourage more people to sponsor MCSG?

Okay ive contacted a developer I know and he told me which ideas are possible:
SG1 is possible
SG2 is possible
SG4 is possible
SG5 could work but it wouldn't work very well
yeah breeze island would work if you did it with the potions but it wouldnt work if you made killer squids. (he means the earthquake)

ManOfTheBread

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It would take alot of developing for this to work so it may take some time if they decide to make it.
Also , maybe spectators could pay a large sum of points to cause disasters. This feature could be premium to donators to encourage more people to sponsor MCSG?
Okay ive contacted a developer I know and he told me which ideas are possible:
SG1 is possible
SG2 is possible
SG4 is possible
SG5 could work but it wouldn't work very well
yeah breeze island would work if you did it with the potions but it wouldnt work if you made killer squids. (he means the earthquake)
You know how to edit your posts so you don't triple post right?

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I like the ideas :) I think they are a bit crazy, but they could work. Maybe on SG2 that would be a bit OP to have tons of wolves spawning... But I'd still love to try it. And maybe they could stop right outside of corn and not let anyone leave it.

All the ideas would probably cause lag to many people, so I'm not sure about that.

Reaction score
+Chad‘s well long livestream to make the community feel closer and give players the feel that he is still caring for his community. I am not saying that he isn't, but rather that right now he feels more like a god you can choose whether or not to believe in (since he rarely makes appearance IG or at the forums), than the owner of these servers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci