• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Map updates

JakeKav

Survivor
Reaction score
Eh. Zone 85 and Dracarys just look like all the other maps on mcsg. Haruka looks good though. Shame about Cloud Nine :(

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
Eh. Zone 85 and Dracarys just look like all the other maps on mcsg. Haruka looks good though. Shame about Cloud Nine :(
I have to defend my map xD -

I wasn't aware that there was another military base map on MCSG?

JakeKav

Survivor
Reaction score
I have to defend my map xD -

I wasn't aware that there was another military base map on MCSG?
I just went by the first glance in the pictures. Ok, Zone 85 looks good. Military?! Sounds exciting. It just depends on how much of the map is covered by the military area. It could just be a bunch of hills and grass with a bit of water. I should really play it before complaining. Sorry.
Haruka just looks the best of the three in the pictures in my opinion.

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
I just went by the first glance in the pictures. Ok, Zone 85 looks good. Military?! Sounds exciting. It just depends on how much of the map is covered by the military area. It could just be a bunch of hills and grass with a bit of water. I should really play it before complaining. Sorry.
Haruka just looks the best of the three in the pictures in my opinion.
I wasn't trying to question the validity of your opinion, only the fact that Zone 85 doesn't look like the other maps. :p

GalaxyPlaysMC

Survivor
Reaction score
Well I am over here camping all night,I hope to be one of the first one's to play new maps! wish we knew an exact time of update xD

Shelby

District 13
Reaction score
Darn guys, a lot of you seem to have a bunch of support for Atlantis - where was that support over the past three weeks when everyone else was tearing it down? If you don't like something, speak. If you do like something you should also.. speak..

We removed Atlantis, Wasteland and Memory of earth after carefully reviewing the community complaints from it and a few threads, also by going into games and gauging the community reactions to the maps. Atlantis and Wasteland were removed due to unpopularity/lack of good terrain, Memory of Earth was removed due to lag/technical complaints and low ratings.

Trust me, on Shady Hollow and Zone 85 I spent a long time arguing with myself over them. However, we played Zone 85 in test games and it played well so overrall we're happy with that decision.

GalaxyPlaysMC

Survivor
Reaction score
Darn guys, a lot of you seem to have a bunch of support for Atlantis - where was that support over the past three weeks when everyone else was tearing it down? If you don't like something, speak. If you do like something you should also.. speak..

We removed Atlantis, Wasteland and Memory of earth after carefully reviewing the community complaints from it and a few threads, also by going into games and gauging the community reactions to the maps. Atlantis and Wasteland were removed due to unpopularity/lack of good terrain, Memory of Earth was removed due to lag/technical complaints and low ratings.

Trust me, on Shady Hollow and Zone 85 I spent a long time arguing with myself over them. However, we played Zone 85 in test games and it played well so overrall we're happy with that decision.
Did you guy's fix the missing "soul sand" block over by the plaza?!

WilloWizard

Platinum
Reaction score
Can we have a map update with just maps being removed? At least four maps?

Here are some contenders I think:
  • Fallen Empire
  • Survival Games Ancient Japan (I realize it was readded, but still is not popular.)
  • Fortune Island
  • Origins
Yes, some of the maps above are good, however, they are not up to par with the rest on the servers in my opinion.

Also can we update some of the RF maps? They have updated versions.
I agree with some of these maps being removed.
SG Ancient Japan - Hardly any Tier 2s (at least for me), games last too long, hard to find people, PvP isn't the best on the mountains.
Origins - Too big, half to a quarter of the people die off corn, and it's very big.

But Fortune and Fallen Empire (I think you're talking about v2 but idk, just going on my assumption) are underplayed, that's a fact, but they are generally good maps, although they do have their faults, but not too many to be removed from the servers. You probably think they're bad maps because you've hardly ever played them and then when you do, you don't have a route (which is the case for most people).
Not trying to offend you, just voicing my opinion.

theamazinggeek

Experienced
Reaction score

It's human nature to not miss something until it's gone. Quite annoying at times.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci