• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Fair Play Notice: Multi-Logging is Not Allowed

redikus

Experienced
Reaction score
What if someone steals your password and plays on your account?

Zetzus

Platinum
Reaction score
Unfortunately two players could just use the same proxy (shared) and continue playing on the same account, of course this proxy may cost a small amount to host ($5-$10 a month) but people are desperate, this is mcsg..

lol.

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
Unfortunately two players could just use the same proxy (shared) and continue playing on the same account, of course this proxy may cost a small amount to host ($5-$10 a month) but people are desperate, this is mcsg..

lol.
Ehh, how would you login if your account is banned?

Zetzus

Platinum
Reaction score
Ehh, how would you login if your account is banned?
If you are implying that using a proxy would get you banned, then you are mistaken. Yes, a public proxy/vpn is very easily trackable and therefore automated bans are issued with ease. Although many private vpns are not that easily trackable, and people can get away with that.

If you are implying something else, then I ask you this, why would I be banned?

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
If you are implying that using a proxy would get you banned, then you are mistaken. Yes, a public proxy/vpn is very easily trackable and therefore automated bans are issued with ease. Although many private vpns are not that easily trackable, and people can get away with that.

If you are implying something else, then I ask you this, why would I be banned?
Hmm, I might've misunderstood you. I thought you meant if they'd play on a proxy on the same account the wouldn't be banned somehow? While if they are playing on the same account it doesn't matter if they are using a proxy or not, you could just look in their past game and see that they are playing games on two different regions at the same time.

Vanicle | Vanessa

District 13
Reaction score

lol.
Please refer to my message on the previous page.

Evermore

Career
Reaction score
There seems to be some confusion. If players are multilogging on an account there are more ways to tell then just IPs. Our leaderboard includes times for games. If there are games that overlap and your lifespan makes it actually impossible to have been in both games without multilogging, it is punishable. Doesn't matter how good or bad the players involved are.

If a player is sitting in multiple different hubs on different regions, that is obviously not effecting the outcome of the leaderboards or any of the player's statistics. That, as of now, is not punishable. However, we are trying to find ways to prevent multilogging in general.

Any number more than 1. Anything that fits the description of what I posted above ^
That didn't answer most of my questions...

Okay so playing simultaneously is a no-go; I get that. But what if two owners of an account do it unbeknownst to each other? If siblings share an account, will one have to wait for the other to get off before playing?

Instead of implementing a new rule, MCGamer should create a plugin that simply block the same account from joining the network at the same time; that'll be fully autonomous and prevent complications like the ones above.
We will tolerate Account Sharing (so long as no suspicious, offensive, or boosting activity occurs)
This part causes questions like the following to arise:
Wait so people can only share accounts if they're both are bad at the game and incapable of accumulating wins? Should people with shared accounts try and lose their games? At what point is it considered "boosting" wins if both players are just decent?
Additionally, how would staff determine a shared account?

What if two people use the same VPN?

What if one person owns the account but uses a VPN sometimes, therefore linking multiple IPs to the account?

What if one person owns the account, but moves elsewhere?

What if one person owns the account, but as dynamic IP?

What if one person owns the account, but decides to play at a friend's house one day?
And then the part of the thread I simply can't wrap my head around; it is simply idiotic.
We have our eye on several suspected multi-loggers, but they have a chance to lessen the punishment that awaits them should they help us. If those suspects come forward privately to a staff member before 5/14/2015, admit their offenses on their own accord, and then tell us how they were able to multi-log (that information can then be used to help the Developers patch the issue), their punishment will be reduced to something less severe.
This is basically creating a rule, and then punishing those who used it before the rule was implemented? Punishing those who abided by your rules?

And don't say something like "It was already a rule that shouldn't need to be spoken." I asked people like Vanicle (Sr. Staff), Ceroria, Eden | Radiant, and a whole bunch of other mods on MCGamer TS before this rule was implemented, and the general consensus was that it was allowed, so long as it doesn't get to a point of a publically available account.

Last edited:
Reactions: Atu

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
If siblings share an account, will one have to wait for the other to get off before playing?
Siblings would be playing on the same region, and you can't connect to the same region with the while being both logged in. But in short, yes, they'd have to wait for the other to get off. They got ONE account, so ONE can play at the time.
This is basically creating a rule, and then punishing those who used it before the rule was implemented? Punishing those who abided by your rules?
People cannot be punished for this before the rule had been created. Aslong as they stopped doing as soon as this post wast made they should be fine. For the people who they had an eye on, I can't simply say anything other then bad-luck. You need the information for making a new rule, and just letting them go off with a warning simply becaused they helped a little seems wrong to me. Even though it wasn't a rule, common knowledge would've let you think that this could be considered an exploit.

Evermore

Career
Reaction score
For the people who they had an eye on, I can't simply say anything other then bad-luck. You need the information for making a new rule, and just letting them go off with a warning simply becaused they helped a little seems wrong to me. Even though it wasn't a rule, common knowledge would've let you think that this could be considered an exploit.
I suppose we should stop listening to staff members then, considering that they were completely wrong. Even a Sr. Mod was wrong apparently. Vanicle (Sr. Mod),Ceroria ,Eden | Radiant, and basically every single mod I asked on MCGamer TS said that it was allowed so long as the account wasn't publically available. If we can't trust the words of mods, even Sr. Mods, who can we trust?

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I suppose we should stop listening to staff members then, considering that they were completely wrong. Even a Sr. Mod was wrong apparently. Vanicle (Sr. Mod),Ceroria ,Eden | Radiant, and basically every single mod I asked on MCGamer TS said that it was allowed so long as the account wasn't publically available. If we can't trust the words of mods, even Sr. Mods, who can we trust?
Well, what this is mainly trying to prevent is having multiple people get on one account, go into different regions, and then play small games, sometimes even with alts. If two people own an account but play fair then there is no foreseeable problem, which is what you brought up to us and we have the go-ahead on. Also, seeing as we had no knowledge that this rule was going to be implemented at the time, we told you what we knew based on what we had been told.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci