• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Fair Play Notice: Multi-Logging is Not Allowed

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
We are currently brainstorming policy on how best to approach and prove this.

There's no question that such a play style is not fair. But what is a surefire process for determining if an account is being shared fairly or not? No easy answers... yet.
Best of luck to you guys on finding out the best way to be efficient and fair.

Etos

Experienced
Reaction score
Thanks for clearing everything out, Col.

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
Once they see this they'll just use whatthefast and make it appear to use the same ip.

It'll be hard to stop.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
thank god...

Also another boosting thing is someone logging on with like 5 other alts into 6 player games, and then /killing on the other accounts. That should be solved with blocking more than 1 account from a single IP.
Wouldn't that stop players from playing a game or two together in the same house, or is the IP traceable to differetiate two computers?

Jurud

Survivor
Reaction score
Thanks for the update, I'll been on the look out!

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
Wouldn't that stop players from playing a game or two together in the same house, or is the IP traceable to differetiate two computers?
ips are normally shared per house, unless you have more than 1 router.

this is more of an issue of 2 different houses playing on 1 account.

Zeff

Survivor
Reaction score
Well this is going to be a tough one for the staff.

Evermore

Career
Reaction score
We have our eye on several suspected multi-loggers, but they have a chance to lessen the punishment that awaits them should they help us. If those suspects come forward privately to a staff member before 5/14/2015, admit their offenses on their own accord, and then tell us how they were able to multi-log (that information can then be used to help the Developers patch the issue), their punishment will be reduced to something less severe.
I don't know if this part is a coherence issue or just plain unjustness; but what it appears to say is that you guys implemented a new rule and are now attempting to punish people before the rule existed?

Please tell me I'm incorrect in my understanding Col_StaR

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
I don't know if this part is a coherence issue or just plain unjustness; but what it appears to say is that you guys implemented a new rule and are now attempting to punish people before the rule existed?

Please tell me I'm incorrect in my understanding Col_StaR
That is what he is saying.

You shouldn't be punishing people for the stuff they do before its not allowed.

That's kinda like saying eating chocolate is illegal. I used to eat chocolate when it was not illegal. If I tell the government about me doing what I was allowed to do before, even though it is punishable now, I will still get punished.

Evermore

Career
Reaction score
So from my understanding:
Sharing accounts = Okay
Playing at the Same Time = Not Okay

So what if multiple people share an account and unbeknownst to either of them, they start playing at the same time?

Can siblings living in the same household play at the same time?

Can multiple people own an account, both accumulating games played, but never play at the same time?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci