• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Do you believe in god?

Do you?

• yes

Votes: 113 55.7%
  • no

Votes: 98 48.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chriscgr

Spectator
Reaction score
Here is a very logical explanation on how the Big Bang could not have created the universe:
"Big Bang" meaning explosion. Do you know any explosion that created something wonderful, something so exact? Well I haven't. The Earth is the the right size, the right distance from the sun, orbits around the sun perfectly, has a moon orbiting our earth perfectly, all of this could not happen "by chance" or through an explosion.
If the earth was 5%, just 5%, out of order, the earths climate would be so different, we could not live here. The fact that everything is so exact just proves that it couldn't have happened through a big bang.
This comment made me facepalm big time. I hate it when people try to argue against a topic when they clearly don't even have the most simple understanding of such topic. Let me enlighten you to the well known fact that the Big Bang wasn't actually a giant explosion but instead a great expansion. However even if it was a giant explosion comparing it to man made explosions is insane, as the two have so little in common. Furthermore I hope you realise that the universe is incomprehensibly huge and that there are billions and billions of planets, obviously some of those planets are going to be lucky enough to support life and we're one of them, even the most unlikely things will happen when you give it enough time and space. I also find it ridiculous that you don't believe in the Big Bang, I hope you are aware that this theory is almost universally accepted by all credible scientists. If you think you know better than them I'd like to see you debate them, I'm sure you'd embarrass yourself with your immense lack of basic knowledge.

So in short, read about a the big bang theory before you start criticising it.

Dah_Hobbit

District 13
Reaction score
Im really surprised that they have been no flaming so far. It is amazing. But I am a christian. And i am proud of it. No more will be said to keep this from not flaming.

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
This comment made me facepalm big time. I hate it when people try to argue against a topic when they clearly don't even have the most simple understanding of such topic. Let me enlighten you to the well known fact that the Big Bang wasn't actually a giant explosion but instead a great expansion. However even if it was a giant explosion comparing it to man made explosions is insane, as the two have so little in common. Furthermore I hope you realise that the universe is incomprehensibly huge and that there are billions and billions of planets, obviously some of those planets are going to be lucky enough to support life and we're one of them, even the most unlikely things will happen when you give it enough time and space. I also find it ridiculous that you don't believe in the Big Bang, I hope you are aware that this theory is almost universally accepted by all credible scientists. If you think you know better than them I'd like to see you debate them, I'm sure you'd embarrass yourself with your immense lack of basic knowledge.

So in short, read about a the big bang theory before you start criticising it.
1. Its a theory, its not a fact
2. There are plenty of scientist that don't believe in the Big Bang
3. If it wasn't a big explosion, which by the way a "Bang" is, why isn't it called the Big Expansion?
4. I am fully aware that there are billions of planets and stars, I own a telescope and love to look around in space.
5. I wasn't just comparing it with man-made explosions, I also mentioned nature explosions, such as volcanoes, solar bursts, etc.

Reaction score
1. Its a theory, its not a fact
2. There are plenty of scientist that don't believe in the Big Bang
3. If it wasn't a big explosion, which by the way a "Bang" is, why isn't it called the Big Expansion?
4. I am fully aware that there are billions of planets and stars, I own a telescope and love to look around in space.
5. I wasn't just comparing it with man-made explosions, I also mentioned nature explosions, such as volcanoes, solar bursts, etc.
I am not going to respond to all these point because I don't want to get in to this but I would like to respond to the first point. A scientific theory isn't just an idea which has been developed based on someone thinking about something, a scientific theory is backed up by huge amounts of data, readings and observations. So saying something isn't correct because its a theory is wrong. Almost all of science is correct up until a point, a theory is a model which explains something, that model works until more information and data is collected to show that there is a better model available. Even after the new model is made the old one will still work and is a viable way of explaining something but it will only work up until a point.

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
I am not going to respond to all these point because I don't want to get in to this but I would like to respond to the first point. A scientific theory isn't just an idea which has been developed based on someone thinking about something, a scientific theory is backed up by huge amounts of data, readings and observations. So saying something isn't correct because its a theory is wrong. Almost all of science is correct up until a point, a theory is a model which explains something, that model works until more information and data is collected to show that there is a better model available. Even after the new model is made the old one will still work and is a viable way of explaining something but it will only work up until a point.
A theory is an idea that has not yet been proven. There is no solid to proof that the Big Bang happened, the same goes to evolution, hence why these two ideas are called theories and not facts.

Also to the other guy, just coming out like that, saying that I am stupid to not believe in the Big Bang is rather rude and disrespectful. I respect what others believe and you should do the same. I believe in creation and not in a mystical "Big Bang" that scientist are yet to prove.

Reaction score
A theory is an idea that has not yet been proven. There is no solid to proof that the Big Bang happened, the same goes to evolution, hence why these two ideas are called theories and not facts.

Also to the other guy, just coming out like that, saying that I am stupid to not believe in the Big Bang is rather rude and disrespectful. I respect what others believe and you should do the same. I believe in creation and not in a mystical "Big Bang" that scientist are yet to prove.
I agree that what the other guy posted was out of order, the reason I posted my comment is because a theory is not an idea that is yet to be proven but is an idea which has a lot of supporting proof and data. Almost everything you know is a theory as there will be room for argument.

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
I agree that what the other guy posted was out of order, the reason I posted my comment is because a theory is not an idea that is yet to be proven but is an idea which has a lot of supporting proof and data. Almost everything you know is a theory as there will be room for argument.
"An idea that is suggested or presented as possibly true but that is not known or proven to be true"
This was taken straight from the Webster dictionary.

Reaction score
"An idea that is suggested or presented as possibly true but that is not known or proven to be true"
This was taken straight from the Webster dictionary.
There is a difference between scientific theory and conventional theory.

From the free dictionary: scientific theory - a theory that explains scientific observations; "scientific theories must be falsifiable"

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
There is a difference between scientific theory and conventional theory.

From the free dictionary: scientific theory - a theory that explains scientific observations; "scientific theories must be falsifiable"
We could argue about this all day.....

Reaction score
We could argue about this all day.....
We could but it would be pointless, I am not arguing anything to do with God, religion or any theories specifically. What I am telling you is a fact, that is the definition of a scientific theory and it is correct. Your idea of what a scientific theory is, is wrong so there is not point in arguing it as there is no room for argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci