• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Do you believe in god?

Do you?

• yes

Votes: 113 55.7%
  • no

Votes: 98 48.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheManeEvent

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I want to believe in god. My family is Catholic and I'm Catholic. Whenever I think of death, I really don't want to think of it as sleeping for the rest of eternity. I want there to be something after life. Anything. Anything except a forever slumber.

Yomega

Career
Reaction score
I want to believe in god. My family is Catholic and I'm Catholic. Whenever I think of death, I really don't want to think of it as sleeping for the rest of eternity. I want there to be something after life. Anything. Anything except a forever slumber.
But if there really is nothing, it won't be eternal boredom. You won't even be aware of the fact that you're dead. I'm almost excited for death, as I'll finally know the truth.

Hawk62

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
While I do believe in god I actually lean towards Buddhism as it honestly makes the most sense to me, though I honestly respect your opinions on Religion/God either way.

Erisyuka

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'm one who believes the facts that are put before me, and even after being raised in a very Hindu household I have been pushed in the direction of not believing in god, or any other sort of divine power. For all I know, there could be one, but I'm just not aware of it, and in turn do not believe in its existence.

I don't think badly or anything of people that do believe though. If you do, I don't feel its right to think differently of or force my views on them either. So I don't

How I see it, it seems like people needed something to use as an explanation for the things they didn't fully understand, and also felt the need for there to be some sort of higher power, whether that be a single deity, many, or belief in some sort of power or system. Which I find understandable.

I probably left some stuff out, but that's probably enough to get my view across.

Levah

District 13
Reaction score
I won't put in my comment here, simply because I don't like sharing my religious beliefs (or disbeliefs) with people who aren't close friends of mine, but I do have one thing to say.
Wow. I'm surprised this thread is as civil as it is...
People take this the mature way not the immature way.

Blockerville

Career
Reaction score
I may be the only Mormon here...
I'VE BEEN LOOKING THROUGH THIS THREAD LOOKING FOR THIS VERY POST LOL...

I'm a Mormon, and as such I find it infuriating when people try to take other people down for their religions. Whether you believe it or not, it's ultimately up to the individual to decide what they believe. Just because someone does not believe in the same religion or principles as you does not give you permission to hate or start a big argument about it.

Boboaluitz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
What I love about religion is how deeply rooted it is in humanity's history. Every culture has had some kind of religion. One of the defining factors about being a civilization is having a religion of some kind (mayhaps it is disbelief...). Some great empires arrived solely through their support of one religion and not another. Rome, one of the largest and most recognized civilizations, switched its primary religions several times, from polytheism to worship of a sun god to Catholicism. Each switch meant a new hope to the people and for the emperor. Religion has crafted what we know as society. The entire reason we're wearing clothes right now (or not...?), instead of walking around naked on sweltering summer days is deeply rooted in the spread of the Puritan faith, which now has several practices that are actually basically the basis of the modern world.

My parents are atheist and agnostic, and I am loosely Presbyterian (I went to a lot of churches, basically pew surfed until I found something I liked). My parents pretty much just tried to get me into as many religions as possible. A friend of the family is a Buddhist, and now I know a fair enough amount about Buddhism. I must say that buddhism is an exceptional religion, mainly because of how accepting it is, even though I don't practice it. It was better for me to experience Christianity in a predominantly Christian community with barely any variation than try to understand a religion with nobody there to teach me.

I encourage everyone to explore different beliefs and opinions, not just about religion, but about everything. Politics, economics, societal differences, etc. Know and understand why the 'others' think the way they do before you make judgements. Put yourself in the shoes of an Atheist, a Catholic, a Mormon, a Conservative, a Liberal for a day. See how it feels :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci