• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Do you believe in god?

Do you?

• yes

Votes: 113 55.7%
  • no

Votes: 98 48.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
That's why I'm reading this thread :)
Glad to hear it :)

Exactly why so much faith is required in what you believe in.
Me being a bit sciency I still never find it to be a good idea to be fixed, in science new ideas, data and proof are coming in all the time and it can be hard if it challenges what you think (if you are so fixed on an idea) to start to accept the new ideas which provide better explanations. :)

Tal_Pal

Platinum
Reaction score
I am not going to get into this convo for obvious reasons plus I'd rather not share with people I do not know. I just want to say, how In the heck can you guys manage to start flaming on a random thread about gaming and yet here you are, being very civil and mature on what is one of the most controversial and touchy subjects on the forums. Well done. The only thing I'm going to add to the convo is I don't "disagree" with any of you I am always open regardless if I actually believe it or not. I think that is just as important as the religion itself

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
I am not going to get into this convo for obvious reasons plus I'd rather not share with people I do not know. I just want to say, how In the heck can you guys manage to start flaming on a random thread about gaming and yet here you are, being very civil and mature on what is one of the most controversial and touchy subjects on the forums. Well done. The only thing I'm going to add to the convo is I don't "disagree" with any of you I am always open regardless if I actually believe it or not. I think that is just as important as the religion itself
Now that you mention it...
...how is it that it's so civil here in comparison to just about any other thread on the forums? o_O

Sometimes, you guys amaze me. lol

Reaction score
Maybe it's because everyone knows it's a touchy subject so we are all being careful with what we say :)

rhysSH1

Diamond
Reaction score
Me being a bit sciency I still never find it to be a good idea to be fixed, in science new ideas, data and proof are coming in all the time and it can be hard if it challenges what you think (if you are so fixed on an idea) to start to accept the new ideas which provide better explanations. :)
Of course. I am fixed on the idea of my religion, but I am never completely closed to science, most scientific ideas don't contradict the Bible and some even support it.

rhysSH1

Diamond
Reaction score
...how is it that it's so civil here in comparison to just about any other thread on the forums? o_O

Scary, isn't it?

Reaction score
Of course. I am fixed on the idea of my religion, but I am never completely closed to science, most scientific ideas don't contradict the Bible and some even support it.
I don't get people who think that science and religion are opposite ideas, they can work perfectly well together. Lots of scientists believe in God so there clearly isn't a problem there

chockadlad

District 13
Reaction score

Different people posting in the Off Topic section than the Survival Games section, either way I'm very impressed

Tal_Pal

Platinum
Reaction score
I don't get people who think that science and religion are opposite ideas, they can work perfectly well together. Lots of scientists believe in God so there clearly isn't a problem there
I think he is talking more about the sciences that disprove religion like the Big Bang theory(yes the tv show :p)

Reaction score
I think he is talking more about the sciences that disprove religion like the Big Bang theory(yes the tv show :p)
The scientific community is so mixed over religion, there is no specific groups which believe one thing or the other for example in evolutionary science Charles Darwin, the founder, believed that there was always a place for god and he was deeply religious where as Richard Dawkins (who is an amazing biologist) is actively working against religion

no god is 4 noobz
Please don't post things like this it's offencive and not needed. I am an atheist but at least I am good natured enough to respect other people beliefs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci