• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Do we really need 1.8?

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I heard a rumor from Mojang stating that they did change the 'physics" of PvP, and the sword doesn't act like it does in 1.7 with slightly about 1/4 of a block decreased range. 1/4 of a block, it might not seem like a lot to casual players, but it will be easily noticeable for seasoned players.
Been playing since 1.5 and it was very hard to get used to 1.7 PVP since knockback physics changed a lot and I just recently got used to it ;-;

Danny

Platinum
Reaction score
Been playing since 1.5 and it was very hard to get used to 1.7 PVP since knockback physics changed a lot and I just recently got used to it ;-;
I got used to 1.7 PvP pretty fast, but the one thing that took me a while to get used was the sprint button since I was really starting to get good at double tapping and it took an extremely long time to stop double tapping with the sprint button, even to this day, I still sometimes double tap instead of using the sprint button.

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
I got used to 1.7 PvP pretty fast, but the one thing that took me a while to get used was the sprint button since I was really starting to get good at double tapping and it took an extremely long time to stop double tapping with the sprint button, even to this day, I still sometimes double tap instead of using the sprint button.
Have mac so didn't have to go through the struggle of the sprint button

JaviGBU

Platinum
Reaction score
froggytv, why can't we just keep 1.7 and 1.8 for MCSG?
I really hate 1.8 , but it's okay...

We can't keep both cause for example , if you are playing in a sg map that haves 1.8 blocks, i think in 1.7 it will be missing , not really sure but i think is impossible to keep both :(

SonicSplit

Career
Reaction score
I actually use 1.8 and have found myself getting more wins surprisingly.

Bcuzimbored1243

Diamond
Reaction score
I absolutely hate 1.8. The rod is messed up. The bow is messed up. The sword texture is sometimes messed up. Hitting people is messed up. Fps is messed up. TAB is messed up. Block hitting is messed up. The list goes on. I even saw someone say, "It's more fair, everyone has these disadvantages now." What the hell? If you are playing in 1.8, it's your own damn fault. C'mon Mcsg, don't make an even bigger mistake than the last update.

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Some textures look funny in 1.8 because of transparent pixels I like to call 'remnant pixels'- they're not rendered and invisible in 1.7, but in 1.8 the transparent pixels render- this can muck up textures like the classic R3D.CRAFT bow.

Octilleery

Platinum
Reaction score
I have been playing on 1.8 since it first came out and I do find it different but for the server to progress with all the features and to improve v2 the switch to 1.8 only will be much needed, if you don't want to have to get used to 1.8 as soon as 1.7 is no longer supported i would recommend starting now it doesn't take to long to get used to! :)

PS. If you start now you can beat those good players who aren't used to it haha!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci