• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Map Builders get VIP

What do you think?

• Agree, they deserve VIP

Votes: 46 75.4%
  • Disagree, they don't deserve VIP

Votes: 15 24.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

static_nightmare

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Fins designs things from our logo, to our website background to our t shirts. He does way more than "draws pretty pictures". As for the maps, community maps were put in because people thought they had fun, cool map ideas they wanted to see happen. That would mean the reward would be having the map on our server and being credited. Fins became VIP because he kept contributing and didn't want anything anything in return. Due to his contributions, he became important to the server so he got the rank. Team Variede got VIP because they are constantly making new maps for us and contributing. Also moved to featured suggestions.
I never meant to say anything bad about fins. Its more that people that make Community Maps put in just as much effort as he does into there maps (well, the good ones). And, yeah, sure its nice to be playing on something you've built, but for me most people dont believe me if i say so, and they say i've hacked into the system when it says I've made breeze (when the map loads up at the start of a match).

How about this. Not a "VIP" rank, because apparently we aren't worthy of that according to you. How about a "builder" rank? This would have the same privileges as Iron Donator, and we would have a special green name ingame. This seems fair to me.

static_nightmare

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Team Variede got VIP because they are constantly making new maps for us and contributing
We have a build team going on called "Team Elite", which consists of all the builders that have made past successful community maps. We are continuing to build quality maps for the servers, just like Team Variede

exer60

Career
Reaction score
We have a build team going on called "Team Elite", which consists of all the builders that have made past successful community maps. We are continuing to build quality maps for the servers, just like Team Variede
lol, you made the team after you made the maps all seperately, its not really a "team build" even if i enjoy team elite..

Hystericallify

District 13
Reaction score
lol, you made the team after you made the maps all seperately, its not really a "team build" even if i enjoy team elite..
Its called getting together, it is a team build. The most mainstream build teams out there got together this way (excluding Team Vareide, of course). They got together to produce much better high quality maps, isn't that dedication?

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
Well, it people were perhaps to get VIP for creating maps, I think more community maps would start appearing, eager to get on the servers, as a little incentive in addition to being a VIp...

This could be good having a huge selection of Community maps for Chad to choose from, thus giving MCSG flexibility.

LegendofCharks

Experienced
Reaction score
I think a vip as an incentive would be good and bad.
Good because it would make the map builders (most of them) strive for excellence.
Bad because people might spam the forums with cruddy maps trying to get vip status.

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
I think a vip as an incentive would be good and bad.
Good because it would make the map builders (most of them) strive for excellence.
Bad because people might spam the forums with cruddy maps trying to get vip status.
But still having a selection of Community maps! Plus, in terms of cruddy maps, those would never get accepted, so after awhile I don't think the forums would be so occupied with them.

Hystericallify

District 13
Reaction score
And, Theoretical, that's why a suggestion of a new rank was suggested. Or only the project leader gets the rank, lessens everything.
And Chad could raise the standars of a community map.

Joshkey

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Just talked to chad about this issue and he said he was thinking about it, I cant say what will happen, (you definatly wont get the vip rank.) but the issue is behing discussed. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci