• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Change the Voting System back.

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This voting system is a lot fairer than the old one. All the arguments saying 'omg this one time i played tsg1 when valleyside had 15 votes and it had 1, this system sucks' are awful, sorry.

Say, for instance, Holiday Resort has 9 votes and SG 4 has 7 votes. With the old system, Holiday resort would win outright and would be played. This completely ignores the fact that 7 votes worth of players wanted to play SG 4, and end up disappointed. It's more fair that, in this situation, Holiday Resort is played 56% of the time and SG 44% of the time as this better represents the votes. This is similar to some parliamentary systems- in the UK seats in parliament are allocated based on the proportion of votes in an election.

Also, isn't it good to have a bit more variety in what you play? I'm not denying that some maps are bad, but none are outright terrible, and it's not like you can't leave if you can't stand a map.

jacco13

Spectator
Reaction score
AND CAN WE PLZ HAVE THE OLD HUB THIS HUB IS SO LAGGY FOR SURVIVAL GAMES

shoottomaim

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I also believe this is way more balanced, considering quad teams are allowed, 4 Diamond donors could join a game and instantly have the majority vote and win. No chance. No luck. They get THEIR map, with THEIR over powered chest route. Besides, you will probably have moments were the map you want has like 12% and it'll win, you'll be like "Yes!"
They spent $75 for a reason, and I'm sure it wasn't to have the pretty name.

bcfcAnt

Platinum
Reaction score
This voting system is a lot fairer than the old one. All the arguments saying 'omg this one time i played tsg1 when valleyside had 15 votes and it had 1, this system sucks' are awful, sorry.

Say, for instance, Holiday Resort has 9 votes and SG 4 has 7 votes. With the old system, Holiday resort would win outright and would be played. This completely ignores the fact that 7 votes worth of players wanted to play SG 4, and end up disappointed. It's more fair that, in this situation, Holiday Resort is played 56% of the time and SG 44% of the time as this better represents the votes. This is similar to some parliamentary systems- in the UK seats in parliament are allocated based on the proportion of votes in an election.

Also, isn't it good to have a bit more variety in what you play? I'm not denying that some maps are bad, but none are outright terrible, and it's not like you can't leave if you can't stand a map.
Why do people bring parliament into this? Jesus, it's a game lol.

Your example of the votes would be fine, but I'm not on about that I'm on about when the maps with just 1 player wanting to play wins. Also, regarding you telling me to leave if I can't stand a map (This is like the 3000th time [with a bit of exaggeration] I've been told to do that). Go read my past messages.

PROSKILLZ2

Survivor
Reaction score
This is precisely my point. We are being forced to play maps we don't like.

Everyone else saying it's fair because we get to give new maps a chance. That should be our choice if you ask me. Also I notice a lot of people leave the game if the map what was winning doesn't get picked so that's not exactly making us play the underplayed maps but rather annoying us because we just waited the whole lobby time for a map with barely any votes to win. How is that fair?

Regarding your comment RC_4777 - I personally purchased diamond donor to a) join full lobbies, b) to get 4 votes and c) to help the server.

We have the right to 'swing' the map voting, we donated for that privilege
He Has VIP which gives 5 votes -_-

UpdatinStatus

Platinum
Reaction score
Its the internet, We dont like be forced to do something. And the other voting system had "underplayed" maps in a lobby with no over played maps to vote for also. New voting system is garb. Also feels like I wasted donor now. im now going to cry

PROSKILLZ2

Survivor
Reaction score
This isn't about the fact of playing different maps anyway, it's about the fact the maps are winning when there's like 1-5% chance of it winning after waiting a whole two minutes of lobby time. The majority of players voted for the map they want yet because one odd person wants some random map, we need to play that? This is unfair to 23 other plays if you ask me.

It's easy to say "just leave", but if there's maps that one person don't like, they're free to leave too.
How do you know it's unfair for the 22 other players?

PROSKILLZ2

Survivor
Reaction score
Why do all you guys seem to think playing a new map makes you better at PvP lol.

It's my choice what maps I play. I said I've played some maps, I didn't say I only played them once either. You guys seem to assume a lot of things. It's not about the maps, it's about the voting and how maps which the majority don't want to play, wins.
Why do you think playing the same map over and over is more fun?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci