• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Change the Voting System back.

bcfcAnt

Platinum
Reaction score
Still waiting for a decent argument. All I'm seeing is 'this one time a map with 1 vote beat a map with 10 votes, wth', just dressed up.

You say that the map is not wanted, which isn't true at all, is it? If a map isn't wanted, then it gets 0 votes and has no chance of being played. You just need to remember that when a map wins against the odds, it happens against the odds. So stop making out that it happens all the time, cos it doesn't.
"Still waiting for a decent argument. All I'm seeing is 'this one time a map with 1 vote beat a map with 10 votes, wth', just dressed up." Is that your argument? If you read properly I've gave enough arguments, and I never said it happened "this one time" it's happened a lot more than it should. That's my point exactly. Regarding me saying no one wants the map, you're just being picky here because you clearly know what I mean. If one person wants the map and the rest clearly don't why should that map even be an option?

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
"Still waiting for a decent argument. All I'm seeing is 'this one time a map with 1 vote beat a map with 10 votes, wth', just dressed up." Is that your argument? If you read properly I've gave enough arguments, and I never said it happened "this one time" it's happened a lot more than it should. That's my point exactly. Regarding me saying no one wants the map, you're just being picky here because you clearly know what I mean. If one person wants the map and the prest clearly don't why should that map even be an option?
I'm reading just fine thanks. In that last post tbh I have no idea what you're trying to say. Unless there's a fault in the code, a 1 to 15 undervoted map will get played 1/16 of the time. For you to arrive at the conclusion that it happens 'a lot more than it should' you must only be remembering the times when this happened, as they stick out in your mind for having annoyed you.

As for the bit about me being picky, I'm actually pointing out a genuine flaw in your argument- the problem with majority rule (or in this case, not even necessarily the majority) is that everyone outside the majority is ignored totally. You may be fine with this if you're always voting for maps like Valleyside, but you wouldn't be if you were part of the minority more often, and with the new system the minority are represented proportionately.

Last edited:
P

PeriLH_

The biggest reason maps are overplayed is because people are obsessive with staying with what they know. Unless we force players to learn something out of their realm of knowledge of a map they are only going to play Valleyside, Holiday, etc. and let the time spent on maps that are way nicer than those (*cough* SG2 *cough*) go to waste. I actually got to play my favourite map, SG2, MULTIPLE times yesterday. That is more than I've played it in the last 2 weeks total. Personally, I find the new voting system forces you to learn new maps that you most likely will end up liking.
Then what is the purpose of being a donor anymore?
~Colored Name
~Get into servers easily
~Your 4 votes might count but probably not.

I know you want to support the community, but I am just giving constructive criticism. Maybe only half of the servers could be played this way. I just feel like most people are very upset with the change and want MCSG to fix it.

bcfcAnt

Platinum
Reaction score
I'm reading just fine thanks. In that last post tbh I have no idea what you're trying to say. Unless there's a fault in the code, a 1 to 15 undervoted map will get played 1/15 of the time. For you to arrive at the conclusion that it happens 'a lot more than it should' you must only be remembering the times when this happened, as they stick out in your mind for having annoyed you.

As for the bit about me being picky, I'm actually pointing out a genuine flaw in your argument- the problem with majority rule (or in this case, not even necessarily the majority) is that everyone outside the majority is ignored totally. You may be fine with this if you're always voting for maps like Valleyside, but you wouldn't be if you were part of the minority more often, and with the new system the minority are represented proportionately.
I'm just saying if the majority of players want to play 1 specific map for example, yet 1 person wants to play a different one, why should the majority lose out just because of 1 person? And I'm pretty sure it's flawed, I'm not the only person who said it's happened more often than not.

You can say I'm only remembering the times it's happened but I've barely played at all since I've been playing MCSG a lot less lately and it's happened quite a fair number of times.

Spaiu

Experienced
Reaction score
I came back from a "Break" of sorts. I realised that something was changed. I hated it at first, but the more I have played with the change the more it's grown on me. This is just like any other change. Remember the big youtube change? How everyone was doing the "Bobs army" thingy?
☻/☻/ ☻╦╤─
▂▄▅ /▌ /▌ /▌ ▌ ██▅▃▂
I███████████████████]
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤

EVERYONE and when i say everyone I mean EVERYONE was mad about it. Countless youtubers. 98.8% of youtube members in general. But everyone has gotten over it. Bob lost the war. There is no point complaining about this. It is what it is.

I think everyone should learn to love it. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it' is incorrect. Infact, the voting system was quite broke. there was a pool of maps that were only played. All the outer maps were left to rot. This widens that map pool so we can play on a variety.

I watch huawhi's videos. He said that he is bored of the same old maps. a few people were. The games are repetitive for example-

TSG2
Holiday
Sg4
Holiday
ValleySide
TSG2
breeze

this is about the average list of maps I play in a row in peek hours on AU.

#DontChangeBack

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
why should the majority lose out just because of 1 person?
Most of the time they don't. A small fraction of the time (according to the spread of the votes) they do. That's fair.
You can say I'm only remembering the times it's happened but I've barely played at all since I've been playing MCSG a lot less lately and it's happened quite a fair number of times.
I'm not going to rule out the possibility of a fault, but it's highly unlikely. Read up on selective bias.

chaoskyurem2

Survivor
Reaction score
I personally think this new raffle voting system is good for new players and MCSG itself. Many people get to play some of the good underplayed maps like Survival Kingdom, TSG 1, and several other great maps that are underplayed. Most new players don't get to play some of these maps because its always the same maps that get voted. Ex: Holiday, TSG 2, Sg 4, Valleyside, Highway, and many others that are over played. Some people need to get used to playing other maps that aren't part of these really overplayed maps. I personally like playing maps that I don't have routes on because it makes it more interesting and challenging. However, I don't like this new voting system for clans. During scrimmages and clan battles, we want certain maps to be played for our scrims, but for some reason, it never wins even though it has 30+ votes. I think that there should be some servers with the raffle voting and others with just regular voting. This would make a lot of the people who don't like the raffle vote be able to play on the servers without it and vice versa. This would also make it mush easier for clan scrimmages and battles because then it won't take ages for the map we want to play to actually wins.

PROSKILLZ2

Survivor
Reaction score
I personally think this new raffle voting system is good for new players and MCSG itself. Many people get to play some of the good underplayed maps like Survival Kingdom, TSG 1, and several other great maps that are underplayed. Most new players don't get to play some of these maps because its always the same maps that get voted. Ex: Holiday, TSG 2, Sg 4, Valleyside, Highway, and many others that are over played. Some people need to get used to playing other maps that aren't part of these really overplayed maps. I personally like playing maps that I don't have routes on because it makes it more interesting and challenging. However, I don't like this new voting system for clans. During scrimmages and clan battles, we want certain maps to be played for our scrims, but for some reason, it never wins even though it has 30+ votes. I think that there should be some servers with the raffle voting and others with just regular voting. This would make a lot of the people who don't like the raffle vote be able to play on the servers without it and vice versa. This would also make it mush easier for clan scrimmages and battles because then it won't take ages for the map we want to play to actually wins.
Or just make Clan War and scrim servers.

Reaction score
Yes. I have the same opinion as you bcfcant. Even if the new voting system is a good way to get to play underrated maps I think the players should pick the map they want, not the server

Blamph

District 13
Reaction score
I love the new system. Overplayed maps are still overplayed, but when I don't vote for them, I actually get a good feeling that my vote actually counts for something.

Please don't remove it. People will always nitpick, especially with new things. If you guys keep the system, within a month people will stop complaining. It's almost always like that.

soggypickle

District 13
Reaction score
Seriously, there are some maps out there I love that are finally playable. It's good to keep a healthy balance between what you're accustomed to and things you don't know much about. :)

If you don't like it, vote on the poll they have set up. Sure, your vote might be 1 out of thousands and might not seem like it's worth your time, but if everyone thought like that, there wouldn't be a single vote.

bcfcAnt

Platinum
Reaction score
Seriously, there are some maps out there I love that are finally playable. It's good to keep a healthy balance between what you're accustomed to and things you don't know much about. :)

If you don't like it, vote on the poll they have set up. Sure, your vote might be 1 out of thousands and might not seem like it's worth your time, but if everyone thought like that, there wouldn't be a single vote.
I have voted, the time I made this thread I didn't notice the poll.

To be honest, the way the poll is going I think it would be best if they had separate servers if I'm honest, that way it would be definitely pleasing the majority of players.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci