• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Better Sprint Mod has now been eliminated on our servers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

subtato

District 13
Reaction score
All players are treated equal is a rule i believe.
That's not necessarily true, the staff members agree to this upon applying:
I, {Name Here}, accept the responsibilities by donating my own time by watching over the MCG Community and agree that any mistake or action not approved by the administration could result in permanent ban or removal from the website.

Reactions: Ava

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
Am I the only one that feels this is completely idiotic? BSM should be allowed, as it is already implemented into 1.7.

I know that people complain of how BSM gives you an advantage by pressing a key that lets you run forever, but it doesn't really make a difference as everyone in 1.7 holds shift anyway.

Furthermore, you can argue that Mac users have an advantage as they can have Caps Lock on in 1.7, so they don't have to hold shift to sprint.

I feel that MCSG fights for the wrong reasons.
Please take the time to read the thread. It's a very long thread, but the reasons for this have probably been gone over 15 times in the past 30 pages.

Darlo2k4

Career
Reaction score
Well if he gets demoted thats gonna be really Hypocritical of you guys since i thought those bans will not be accounted for.
Yes, but it's not for that. It will be because he has been hiding away the fact that he is using an illegal mod, while himself being a staff member. Someone who is supposed to be setting an example.

Personally, if there's a staff member that is using an altered client without it being for testing purposes (and approved by the senior staff to do so), then the staff member in question deserves to have the information publicized for the simple fact they were going around the rules they were put in their role to enforce.

Again, that's just my personal opinion on the matter.
Agreed. Think of it that the staff are politicians. If they did something that was untrustworthy, wouldn't you want it to be public knowledge?

DOPIMatt

Spectator
Reaction score
DOPIMatt Did you take the time to read the posts before commenting or just replied to the first post? My hands are getting tired repeating the same points I made earlier.
No, I'll admit that I didn't; just read your post and wanted to voice my opinion, I apologize for that specific incident.

Aellios15

Experienced
Reaction score
DOPIMatt Did you take the time to read the posts before commenting or just replied to the first post? My hands are getting tired repeating the same points I made earlier.
Chad, they're worried that your hands may be a little too weak. They're toughening 'em up for you. :p

Wickyy

Career
Reaction score
Yes, but it's not for that. It will be because he has been hiding away the fact that he is using an illegal mod, while himself being a staff member. Someone who is supposed to be setting an example.

Agreed. Think of it that the staff are politicians. If they did something that was untrustworthy, wouldn't you want it to be public knowledge?
He could have done it mistakenly maybe he tryed to join the server that allows bsm but accidentally clicked on the MCSG server, not everyone is perfect you know :/ im not saying it was a mistake im saying it could have been.

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
Now, do this with nodus. Ive been killed 3 times in a row by hackers.
Alas, the grand dilemma.

This would be nice, but consider the purpose of a hacked client. They're intended to cause problems, so the creators of these clients don't allow any identifiable information to be sent to the servers they connect to (at least at the moment). The creators of Better Sprint Mod added this behaviour into their mod willingly. It's unlikely that any creators of a hacked client would be that generous; a hacked client that can be detected is all-in-all pretty useless.

Rexmanx

Platinum
Reaction score
Unless you've made some bad ass coding, I don't think there is a way to differentiate BSM and 1.7.2 sprinting? I'm sure it would string some problems together actually.
The thing is the 1.7 bsm is a part of the game.
While the normal bsm is an module.
They coded it so it will detect anyone using that module.
Its not really advanced.....

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
I think its time for a lock. A friendly debate has turned pretty heated. Were all getting frustrated, I suggest we stop or this could turn bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci