• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Better Sprint Mod has now been eliminated on our servers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

subtato

District 13
Reaction score
I know this is none of my business but things like that should probably be kept private. :S Thought this was meant to be a "friendly debate"...
Personally, if there's a staff member that is using an altered client without it being for testing purposes (and approved by the senior staff to do so), then the staff member in question deserves to have the information publicized for the simple fact they were going around the rules they were put in their role to enforce.

Again, that's just my personal opinion on the matter.

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
Wait, i have a question. So as i admitted earlier, i have BSM.. but i dont play MCSG. I just come on to talk to old friends etc. What happens if you log onto the hub, but dont play any games? Still a ban?
Yes, you have to switch to a JAR without BSM to join our servers, otherwise you will get a 60-second kick/temporary ban.

Wickyy

Career
Reaction score
I want to add some irony to this comment as well, we discovered that iShowny was one of the effected users with BSM installed while logging into our servers. So yeah, most likely going to loose his mod over it:

Well if he gets demoted thats gonna be really Hypocritical of you guys since i thought those bans will not be accounted for.

Aellios15

Experienced
Reaction score
I thought the ban doesn't count and that they are ignored he could have accidentally tried to join the wrong server and gotten banned :/
I don't speak for Chad or the staff when I say this, but, Mods are treated differently in these situations. It's something they agree to in the application.

subtato

District 13
Reaction score
Well if he gets demoted thats gonna be really Hypocritical of you guys since i thought those bans will not be accounted for.
He won't be banned, but he'll be demoted for use of an altered client (as a staff member - he was put in his role to ENFORCE, not to BREAK these rules).

Wickyy

Career
Reaction score
I don't speak for Chad or the staff when I say this, but, Mods are treated differently in these situations. It's something they agree to in the application.
All players are treated equal is a rule i believe.

Voei

Platinum
Reaction score
Personally, if there's a staff member that is using an altered client without it being for testing purposes (and approved by the senior staff to do so), then the staff member in question deserves to have the information publicized for the simple fact they were going around the rules they were put in their role to enforce.

Again, that's just my personal opinion on the matter.
O wow, didn't even realise he was a moderator. xD Well that's awkward.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
@veoi Still is a friendly debate last time I checked.

Wait, i have a question. So as i admitted earlier, i have BSM.. but i dont play MCSG. I just come on to talk to old friends etc. What happens if you log onto the hub, but dont play any games? Still a ban?
You will need to uninstall BSM or use another profile that is vanilla.

Aellios15

Experienced
Reaction score
You wont make it onto the servers. Even the hub, unless you manage to be one of the exceptions because of the glitch.

DOPIMatt

Spectator
Reaction score

We been working hard by eliminating the unfair hacking on MCSG. I can say now we installed an auto detection system that kicks users for 60 seconds who are using the Better Sprint Mod and it is now impossible to use it on any of our servers. If you are getting kicked for Better Sprint Mod, please make sure you don't have the mod installed or install a new vanilla download.

1.7 sprinting is a new vanilla feature (not BSM!) and still will be allowed (aka will not auto kick for it). Somehow some youtubers stated "BSM is now in 1.7" but that isn't the case which caused a lot of confusion.
Am I the only one that feels this is completely idiotic? BSM should be allowed, as it is already implemented into 1.7.

I know that people complain of how BSM gives you an advantage by pressing a key that lets you run forever, but it doesn't really make a difference as everyone in 1.7 holds shift anyway.

Furthermore, you can argue that Mac users have an advantage as they can have Caps Lock on in 1.7, so they don't have to hold shift to sprint.

I feel that MCSG fights for the wrong reasons.

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
Am I the only one that feels this is completely idiotic? BSM should be allowed, as it is already implemented into 1.7.

I know that people complain of how BSM gives you an advantage by pressing a key that lets you run forever, but it doesn't really make a difference as everyone in 1.7 holds shift anyway.

Furthermore, you can argue that Mac users have an advantage as they can have Caps Lock on in 1.7, so they don't have to hold shift to sprint.

I feel that MCSG fights for the wrong reasons.
did you read any of the comments sir?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci