• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

BajanCanadian has poisoned the community

Status
Not open for further replies.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
OptiFine is allowed - that gives you an advantage over those who don't know how to set it up. Explain to me why it's not banned as well? It grants FPS boost, farther render distance and advanced graphical options. There is no reason for Better Sprint to be banned - it's banned purely out of stubbornness. I made my opinion on the subject very clear and offered a reasonable solution. Encourage players to use Better Sprint - problem solved! Another thing that really bugs me is the ghost fix command. Not many players know about it, but it can make a huge difference if you're character has gotten out of sync with the server. Explain to me why that isn't something well publicized?

The type of player who doesn't know how to install better sprint isn't exactly going to be game winning material.
It's more than likely they are cannon fodder for experienced players.
So that's a poor excuse.

I've voiced my opinion and effectively been silenced as a result. Which is fine.
Optifine gives you an advantage that anybody could have without it; higher FPS. I don't need optifine to run 80+ FPS, and there's nearly no reason I need to run more. Optifine is essentially a upgrade to your computer, just like adding a part it needs is. Essentially, by this logic, any computer that can run 20+ FPS would be banned. (Anyone who can't install optifine probably can't install a computer part.) That's too bad for them, sadly...We can't do that, we can't enforce it, nor is it much fair to enforce it.

Better sprint, on the otherhand, is different. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of fixing Minecraft's buggy sprint system, (that I will admit could use some tweaking/fixing.) but sadly, the advantage it gives is more than easily doing something a normal user can. It would take a better connection than can possibly be obtained by todays standards to sprint as fast as it allows legitimately. The server and client interaction is the problem, and "wobble sprint", the bug it fixes mostly, is caused by trying to sprint too quickly on a slightly laggy connection. It's not possible to sprint that fast on a normal client period. This also allows every hit to be a knockback hit from sprinting, allowing huge knockback not normally obtainable.

I understand why you might not be able to see the reason why it's banned. However, we cannot let it pass. People who use better sprint do feel different when being fought - I can generally tell just by fighting someone if they are using it or not. It changes their performance for the better, sadly, as in combat, that half a second, that wobble sprinting you have to practice to not get, (I never get it after practice.) the extra knockback...it makes a difference.

We won't be allowing better sprint, nor will we be banning optifine. I appreciate your concerns/suggestions, but we won't be changing this system.

Sammoko

Survivor
Reaction score
THis got locked then unlocked? Guess it's MCSG being a dictatorship...

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
We won't be allowing better sprint, nor will we be banning better sprint. I appreciate your concerns/suggestions, but we won't be changing this system.
Mind clarifying this for me, G33ke? Not quite sure what you mean here (though the rest of the post made sound, logical sense).

subtato

District 13
Reaction score
Well by your logic that is an unfair advantage. You can't guarantee that all players who run Minecraft at 10-20fps will install Optifine to increase their gameplay. So to be fair no one should be allow to use Optifine. Just wouldn't be fair to allow such an imbalance among players. Imagine that poor sucker running at 10fps, meanwhile because of your "hacked" client you're getting 20fps. That's just not right. Can I have a moderator in here please. Crafty needs a ban!
OptiFine is allowed because it permits the ability to enhance your framerate, not changing the functionality of the game itself. Yes, it changes how chunks are loaded and how the game performs, but it's not changing how you walk/run / how the controls are setup. OptiFine is preloaded in several clients, such as Technic-based packs, Feed the Beast packs, and so forth, because Minecraft itself is indeed a broken game. It is allowed because it doesn't modify what is shown to the end-user, i.e. an Xray mod.
Minecraft Survival Games, and related PvP based servers, do not allow better sprint because it allows for critical hits and running literal circles around a player while combating. Regardless of the fact that it fixes the bobbing between non-sprint and sprint mode, and how convenient it may be, it essentially is a sprint hack that allows you to sprint at the maximum capabilities of sprinting.

In normal Minecraft, if you hop into a fire while sprinting, you'll be knocked back. With better sprint, you don't.
In normal Minecraft, if you fall, you must double tap W in order to begin running again. With better sprint, you don't.
In normal Minecraft, if you're hit when sprint, you will stop sprinting. With better sprint, you don't.
Therefore, better sprint has changed the game further than something such as OptiFine, and creates an unfair advantage over other players. We understand why you like the abilities that better sprint provides you, as it is appealing, but the issue is just that it simply changes too much in game.

In relation to your post itself, stating that the player at 20FPS has an advantage over a player with 10FPS, then you are essentially saying anyone who doesn't have the same computer, the same operating system, the same setup, and the same FPS, everyone should be banned in that game. Since this is simply illogical, as that would rid a community of users VERY quickly, we cannot regulate OptiFine and such mods that optimize performance, we cannot regulate what kind of computers that the users have when playing on our servers, we cannot regulate how well the players actually play on the server.

Note: Keep in mind that my response is purely my opinion, not the opinion of MCSG. I apologize if I seem like I'm attacking you or anyone else, I'm tired and running short of patience because I haven't slept yet.

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
THis got locked then unlocked? Guess it's MCSG being a dictatorship...
I'm confused exactly what point you are trying to make here, and exactly what logic is backing it up. First of all, would you mind showing me when it was locked and subsequently unlocked? Secondly, and more majorly, how does this establish that MCSG is a dictatorship? The two ideas do not logically follow each other whatsoever.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
Mind clarifying this for me, G33ke? Not quite sure what you mean here (though the rest of the post made sound, logical sense).
Fixed. I meant we won't be banning optifine. :p

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
Fixed. I meant we won't be banning optifine. :p
Ah, that makes more sense :p

I also find it slightly amusing how you, Sub, and I all posted reasonably long replies that all amounted to saying the same thing in slightly different ways.

Forums b cray cray :p

subtato

District 13
Reaction score
I'm confused exactly what point you are trying to make here, and exactly what logic is backing it up. First of all, would you mind showing me when it was locked and subsequently unlocked? Secondly, and more majorly, how does this establish that MCSG is a dictatorship? The two ideas do not logically follow each other whatsoever.
The thread was locked because one of our moderators found that it may cause a sort of flame war, and it was brought to our attention by the same moderator for further action. Once done, we unlocked the post and stated our opinions, as it appears Bajan does want to state his opinion peacefully, rather than most groups of people/YouTubers that may just say "go spam this forum!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci