• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A Step By Step Guide: Building a Survival Games Map

Does this help you out?

• Total voters

Jcamotts

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I love how he says large areas of water are bad.

Reaction score
"Things to Avoid:
Lack of a theme
Boring and hard-to-play-on terrain, and large areas of water"
Sooo, I heard you made Breeze Island...

Reaction score
"Things to Avoid:
Lack of a theme
Boring and hard-to-play-on terrain, and large areas of water"
Sooo, I heard you made Breeze Island...
Hey. Read every other post on this thread before you go trashing Static. He's great for writing this guide and obviously has experience with issues in maps.

CaptainPhoenix30

Spectator
Reaction score
Hey Static, my MCSG map is just a bunch of different biomes that are unique, no vanilla biomes like jungles or forests. Is this okay to have a bunch of them? Cause I already put a lot of time into this map even though it's not done yet. The cornucopia is epic, and the terrain is custom too. Last question: How would I get in touch with the MCSG people, and enter my map? Please respond, and thanks for reading. :)

static_nightmare

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Hey Static, my MCSG map is just a bunch of different biomes that are unique, no vanilla biomes like jungles or forests. Is this okay to have a bunch of them? Cause I already put a lot of time into this map even though it's not done yet. The cornucopia is epic, and the terrain is custom too. Last question: How would I get in touch with the MCSG people, and enter my map? Please respond, and thanks for reading. :)
As long as the biomes work well in conjunction with each other (No jungles right next to pine forests) then I don't see why not. My WIP map, Warrior Woods, actually has 3 different biomes, but the transition is smooth and the biomes are totally custom.
Also, just post your completed map in the Finished Map section on the forum, and it will be the communities judgement into how good the map is

Luminous

Spectator
Reaction score
i want to try to make a new map and this really helped :3

jingo

Survivor
Reaction score
I know this is kinda off topic, but sometimes when my parents aren't in, i like to go into my garden, cover myself in dirt and pretend i'm a carrot.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci