• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A Step By Step Guide: Building a Survival Games Map

Does this help you out?

• Total voters

static_nightmare

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Truly exceptional static_nightmare, well put together, articulate, nice grammer, and just plain helpful. It is about time someone stepped up to explain the process of building a map.

Yet, I have a couple questions for you. I've currently been working on a map for the past three weeks that is purely a building. Everything is inside the skyscraper. And all the floors represent a different theme, making it hard to have any culture or storyline. Also, due to the fact it's a building, terraforming can not be applied to the idea...
Is this is problem?
As long as there really isn't any natural landscape, (which I don't think is a good idea not having any of this) then terraforming isn't a requirement. And if your intention of the build is clear, and it is well executed, than this theme could work. How ever, there is a high chance of it being a mess if you don't build well, and make it all add up to an appealing whole.

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
haha breeze island is boring why do you make this thread
That is completely and utterly disrespectful as he is the creator of Breeze Island and Insanity Cause. Additionally, if you don't have anything to say about the thread itself, I reccomend you don't comment.

static_nightmare

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
That is completely and utterly disrespectful as he is the creator of Breeze Island and Insanity Cause. Additionally, if you don't have anything to say about the thread itself, I reccomend you don't comment.
I think it's a troll. At least I hope, for humanities sake.

NorthStar

Career
Reaction score
I have a question...

If I were to make a map that were made up completely of the rooftops of skyscrapers (so players will fall into the void/death by falling) would I need to add a dome to to the map even if most building will be out of reach?

MysteryinShadow

Survivor
Reaction score
I have a question...

If I were to make a map that were made up completely of the rooftops of skyscrapers (so players will fall into the void/death by falling) would I need to add a dome to to the map even if most building will be out of reach?
I'd say that'd be recommended.

Kermode

Spectator
Reaction score
Fair enough. But I wondered, you make maps that get on, Breeze Island is full of swimming. it's frustrating and it gets played half the time

Reaction score
Fair enough. But I wondered, you make maps that get on, Breeze Island is full of swimming. it's frustrating and it gets played half the time
He knows, and he's learned from his mistakes. He says specifically not to put a lot of water in the map in the guide.

Sneeze7

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Amazing guide, just read it, and it's plain beautiful. To be honest, I didnt read all of it, but there should if there isnt, be taking in account some PVP features. such as straight roads (like the rail thing beside the train on SG4.) Where you can get teams to part easily for people to stop following you. This is a very important deal for maps, Which is why I like Breeze, SG4 and Fortress Pyke, because I've found nice tactics to win easier. :3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci