• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A new feature for spectators

JoelJCE

Career
Reaction score
Moderators already have the ability to see spectators. It isn't really all that useful to regular players. Plus, I could foresee so many Report Abuse posts about people fly hacking when they were actually just spectating.

royroyboy

Experienced
Reaction score
Moderators already have the ability to see spectators. It isn't really all that useful to regular players. Plus, I could foresee so many Report Abuse posts about people fly hacking when they were actually just spectating.
Well... I'm pretty sure if they put this in they would give a spectator the title of [SPEC] or something like that.

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
It would be fun. Moderator can already do that >.<

royroyboy

Experienced
Reaction score
Ok, I understand moderators can do it... 3 people have commented now that moderators can do it but the truth is.... not everyone is a moderator XD
This suggestion is for Everyone!

Tk1602

Experienced
Reaction score
Don't be hatin'... if you don't want anything new for spectators, leave :)
This is a simple idea just to add some comfort and more fun in for Specs.....
The idea is just to add a 'toggle' option to allow specs to see other specs. like a clock or redstone torch that if you right click it allows you to see all the dead people flying around like crazy fly's.

Just a thought ;)
waste of effort and time for something that isn't worth it.

LiamJennion

Platinum
Reaction score
Actually I would kind of enjoy something new like that. Maybe a way for spectators to be more involved in the game besides just sponsoring?
Well, you would of course enjoy being a spectator if you where more involved in the game but your a spectator for a reason, you died. You shouldn't gain enjoyment after dying you should gain disappointment and angriness, like me. If people where rewarded for dying, it just defeats the object of playing to win. Anyway, how many people speculate games after they die anyway? I mean, it would be great if they could include your suggestion @royroyboy but how many people would it really satisfy? Would it just be a waste of time for the developers?

LiamJennion

Platinum
Reaction score
Im just giving an opinion. Get off this thread if you're going to diagree and hate.
What makes our community great is that we disagree with things. As long as we disagree sensibly and maturely I do not have to "get off this thread." Also, never did I hate against your suggestion but if you feel I did "hate" well I apologise. The point I was trying to make was that it would most likely be a pain for the developers to code and for what? Just for dead spectators to see other spectators, I am failing to see the need for that to happen, if we lived in a world where we could just click our fingers and our featured suggestions would come to life in game I would be for this code to happen but it would take time and effort to make and like before, for what?

royroyboy

Experienced
Reaction score
Well, you would of course enjoy being a spectator if you where more involved in the game but your a spectator for a reason, you died. You shouldn't gain enjoyment after dying you should gain disappointment and angriness, like me. If people where rewarded for dying, it just defeats the object of playing to win. Anyway, how many people speculate games after they die anyway? I mean, it would be great if they could include your suggestion @royroyboy but how many people would it really satisfy? Would it just be a waste of time for the developers?
1. Being disappointed is fine but don't get angry and rage over a single game... and don't tell people what to feel
2. You aren't rewarded or you wont get rewarded for dying, its just a feature like in the hub, barely a reward.
3. [This ones for everyone] You don't know how long it will take to code, even if you know how to code these places have more than one coder and it could be as simple as copying the hub feature and changing it a bit to fit spectators.

Mlpoknzaba

Diamond
Reaction score
No one can say that this will take too long too code because, as various people have said, this is a feature already, but only for mods. If they did make this, the devs would only need to adapt an already existing thing, add another already existing thing (the toggle clock) and make it so everyone can access it.

royroyboy

Experienced
Reaction score
No one can say that this will take too long too code because, as various people have said, this is a feature already, but only for mods. If they did make this, the devs would only need to adapt an already existing thing, add another already existing thing (the toggle clock) and make it so everyone can access it.
It's like you've been living in my brain. Whenever i see a comment saying "too much code, can't be bothered" I say to myself exactly this :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci