• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What maps should be in the next map push?

What maps do you think should be added?

• Total voters

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
Well, I was just saying that yours was the most voted in this poll, not picking on the map, really.
-_- I see how it is, but i know for a fact that shady is better than Cali don't get me wrong! But your map doesn't need to be the best to get on mcsg, all maps have there strong and weak points and people have there own opinions. Doesn't mean it gets more votes, sometimes popularity gets your map on the servers, which is unfair, but it's incontrolable.

SniperSnakez

District 13
Reaction score
-_- I see how it is, but i know for a fact that shady is better than Cali don't get me wrong! But your map doesn't need to be the best to get on mcsg, all maps have there strong and weak points and people have there own opinions. Doesn't mean it gets more votes, sometimes popularity gets your map on the servers, which is unfair, but it's incontrolable.
I know I want SG Cali to be added, but I want Shady Hollow more, and it seems not as many realise the map difference, in my opinion.

Justin

Diamond
Reaction score
Ehhh I'm not judging off of pictures. I would have to play on the map to actually judge.
I would like to see how the pvp flows and how the chests are placed, it can't always be a looked based factor.
What the devs should do is add all the maps, and see the feedback. It's more reliable than pictures and will eliminate ones that no one likes and keep ones that people do like. It's better than keeping decisions to a somewhat small group when you could get the server to decide in game, and with the new poll system this is fairly easy seeing that you don't have to join the forums to do it.

GibbyMC

Career
Reaction score
obviously baised here,
1. Highfeild estate, I think its a theme not yet seen on the servers
2. rebellions district, brings back the old sg feel, nice longer games
3. Forestside, I like the simplicity and open areas for PvP

Reaction score
1. Highfeild estate, Im from new zealand myself and really think its cool that new zealanders are having there map being talked about for my favorite MC network server, really love the theme, seems nice for pvp and decent size also.
2. abrax park is really neat and i think should be added to the voting list
3. Hamlyn, i think I would enjoy the classic medieval build style/play style and I think, it reminds me a little of that really really big map that was added recently, but i think this would be a good substitute for this

Sanders

Team Helix
Reaction score
Alright, since I made Rebellions district, I wont add it to this list. that would be unfair.

1. shady hollow
2. Hamlyn
3. Abrax park

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
Hamlyn: This is a beauty. In my opinion if it is added it will be much better than the other medieval maps on the servers. It is very well put together and thought out.

Rebellions' District: If this map isn't added I am going to be very disappointed. It is one of the better built maps we have seen since Teweran and Team Vareide stopped making maps.

Highfield Estate: I have a lot of respect for benji_r as a builder and a person, but I just am not a fan of this map. The terraforming and builds just don't meet my personal standards.

SG California: I can honestly say that the name should be changed for this map. xD Doesn't look much like California. The builds don't follow any block/size/type pattern, and the whole map feels rather 'unorganized'.

Shady Hollow: I have high hopes for this map, but won't say one way or another to avoid bias.

Forestside: I watched this map as it was being created and the builds are brilliant. However, the infrastructure (roads, trees, layout) is lacking... 10/10 builds, 5/10 the rest of the map... It still needs some work in my opinion.

The Forgotten Times: This is another map that I have watched for quite a while. The problem is: idea is there, effort is there, execution is not there. I have said from the beginning, starting over on this map would do it justice.

So... out of the maps in the poll:

Should Be Added:
-Hamlyn
-Rebellions' District

Should Not Be Added:
-Highfield Estate
-SG California
-Forestside
-The Forgotten Times

Exempt:
-Shady Hollow

This was just a mini review, if anyone would like be to elaborate I will gladly do so. Also, this is only an opinion on a thread that asked for opinions. Don't get mad... pls.... xD

Edit: Also, I wouldn't expect the next map update to be until later this year (September/October). By then, there will be newer maps and MCSG may consider removing some maps. So, I expect this thread to become outdated.

benji_r

Career
Reaction score
Should Be Added:
-Hamlyn
-Rebellions' District
I agree with these.

Should Not Be Added:
-Highfield Estate
I can understand the terraforming being not amazing, but I was pretty pround of the builds. Can you please elaborate, maybe specifically which ones you don't like so much? Just private MSG me plz :)

Edit: Also, I wouldn't expect the next map update to be until later this year (September/October). By then, there will be newer maps and MCSG may consider removing some maps. So, I expect this thread to become outdated.
However, we can keep it updated, but is it going to be that far away?!?

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
Hamlyn: This is a beauty. In my opinion if it is added it will be much better than the other medieval maps on the servers. It is very well put together and thought out.

Rebellions' District: If this map isn't added I am going to be very disappointed. It is one of the better built maps we have seen since Teweran and Team Vareide stopped making maps.

Highfield Estate: I have a lot of respect for benji_r as a builder and a person, but I just am not a fan of this map. The terraforming and builds just don't meet my personal standards.

SG California: I can honestly say that the name should be changed for this map. xD Doesn't look much like California. The builds don't follow any block/size/type pattern, and the whole map feels rather 'unorganized'.

Shady Hollow: I have high hopes for this map, but won't say one way or another to avoid bias.

Forestside: I watched this map as it was being created and the builds are brilliant. However, the infrastructure (roads, trees, layout) is lacking... 10/10 builds, 5/10 the rest of the map... It still needs some work in my opinion.

The Forgotten Times: This is another map that I have watched for quite a while. The problem is: idea is there, effort is there, execution is not there. I have said from the beginning, starting over on this map would do it justice.

So... out of the maps in the poll:

Should Be Added:
-Hamlyn
-Rebellions' District

Should Not Be Added:
-Highfield Estate
-SG California
-Forestside
-The Forgotten Times

Exempt:
-Shady Hollow

This was just a mini review, if anyone would like be to elaborate I will gladly do so. Also, this is only an opinion on a thread that asked for opinions. Don't get mad... pls.... xD

You make a lot of sense, but you gotta think about the actual map update, you gotta have a range of maps, one that looks nice, one that is ideal for PvP and one that has both. There you have more variation and diversity between the maps, it's not always about pushing out the maps that look best, it's also about fairity so the community enjoys it as well. As for your comment on my map, I'd like you to elaborate on your point, why doesn't it look like California?

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
I agree with these.

I can understand the terraforming being not amazing, but I was pretty pround of the builds. Can you please elaborate, maybe specifically which ones you don't like so much? Just private MSG me plz :)

However, we can keep it updated, but is it going to be that far away?!?
There actually releasing new maps this summer :D

Edit: sorry for double post.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci