• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What if MCSG were to have a Hub?

Does you liek?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hobo1955

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
How about we figure out a different way to join servers? Maybe matchmaking could come in KraZ__ custom client where you click a button and it evenly matches you against even opponents on servers automatically , although I'm not sure if that could even be possible.

kaiomann

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I wouldn't disagree with a HUB to bring attention to all the gamemodes, but it should be done smartly. That included no sign-spamming, maybe a queing system and a fancy hub with things to do :)

Br00k

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This would have a problem and that would be the cost we have 5 regions EU,US,CA,AU,AS if we had an sg,creative,zedchace,survivel,FTB and mctf2 that would cost loads so that would cost loads then regions would to start getting removed due to lack of donations (probably starting with AS then CA ect) this would bring people to zedchace but it would take away from mcsg.

VeeZa

District 13
Reaction score
IMO the sign system is bad, I much better prefer the system we have now, with the servers. Plus as Brooke said we have many different regions a and that would be the biggest problem if this was implemented.

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
This would have a problem and that would be the cost we have 5 regions EU,US,CA,AU,AS if we had an sg,creative,zedchace,survivel,FTB and mctf2 that would cost loads so that would cost loads then regions would to start getting removed due to lack of donations (probably starting with AS then CA ect) this would bring people to zedchace but it would take away from mcsg.

It all depends how you set it all up. Let's say they got a 32Gb RAM server and put in each server 2Gb's of RAM. That would be 16 servers per region. Doesn't seem much to what we have right now, so if we were to have multiple games inside each server, let's say 5, then that would mean 16x5 = 80 servers per region!
That way we would be getting 2x the amount of playable games, still be able to use the sign system since there is an overload of games to play.

But of course, 2Gb RAM is unrealistic to be able to host 5 games in it with 120 players per server...... So let's try giving each server 4Gb's, that may work, we'll also lower the amount of playable games per server to 3.
32/4 = 8 servers
8*3 = 24 playable games per region with 72 players per server.

As you can, there are multiple ways of setting this system up, all you have to do, is choose the right host that is 'cheap' and has to offer what you want.

Tl;dr:
It is possible to host several games inside a server to make more playable games, all you need is the right amount of RAM in the server box and in each server.

MaxtheSwain

Career
Reaction score
I like the idea of the hub personally
I also still find it easy enough to join games

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
It all depends how you set it all up. Let's say they got a 32Gb RAM server and put in each server 2Gb's of RAM. That would be 16 servers per region. Doesn't seem much to what we have right now, so if we were to have multiple games inside each server, let's say 5, then that would mean 16x5 = 80 servers per region!
That way we would be getting 2x the amount of playable games, still be able to use the sign system since there is an overload of games to play.

But of course, 2Gb RAM is unrealistic to be able to host 5 games in it with 120 players per server...... So let's try giving each server 4Gb's, that may work, we'll also lower the amount of playable games per server to 3.
32/4 = 8 servers
8*3 = 24 playable games per region with 72 players per server.

As you can, there are multiple ways of setting this system up, all you have to do, is choose the right host that is 'cheap' and has to offer what you want.

Tl;dr:
It is possible to host several games inside a server to make more playable games, all you need is the right amount of RAM in the server box and in each server.
So you're saying that, for example, someone would click on the sign to join us1, which would have 72 slots. Then, in that server there would be a small lobby hosting three teleporters to three different worlds which each have their own game (just like joining a server in the current version of MCSG with a lobby, then game etc) that you could make possible with the MultiWorld plugin. Then MCSG runs normally. Hopefully we can keep the same exact point system and all that because that is something about MCSG that I truely do love. But, the problem is, how would we run the restarting? Maybe you could spectate other games if your games finish first, and then when all three games are done in each server, it would restart and the process goes through it's cycle again.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Also, if we had to for space saving reasons, we could combine some regions of the five. Like ca and us could combine to make like a North America region or "na". And.. idk what else. Maybe au and eu... that would be a longshot.

Br00k

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
^^
Double post use the edit button next time.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Right now I don't think it would be practical seeing as the game types are fairly empty and not super special. I don't really like signs either, so it's a no for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci