• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What have we come to?

Res

Diamond
Reaction score
You're reading my mind. Stop it.
Seriously, this is why my self esteem is low now because the people in the community are jerks who try soo hard to be cool. I get abuse every day, like ''last pick fag'', ''annoying'', ''macro fag'', ''kys'', ''randy Bunny Lover'', etc. I know how you mods feel and I don't know how you can handle all this abuse, because all I do is complain about it.
Anyways, thank you so much for making this thread and doing your job so well.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
And to be honest, if rather play with the 9 year olds I know than some of the older people here...
The problem is that they're influenced by older members, many of which do not realize that they are influencing anyone at all. I have a friend that's a few years younger than me, and he believes every single lie that his clanmates make up. The same would have probably happened to me if I hadn't joined the forums; I'm not very wise xD

Nick

Community Engagement & Mapping Team Representative
Reaction score
Wow this thread got a whole bunch of attention. Thank you all and please spread the word. We can't make things perfect, but we can get damn-well close.

I believe in you, I believe in us.

Equalitee

Platinum
Reaction score
Hey everybody, I've just gotten off my exams and am now back on track with MCGamer work. Upon the recent map update I've noticed something that has got me thinking.

Let's go back 3 years. MCSG. MCSG was founded in April '12. 3 short days after it's opening I joined this community. This was back when we had less than 10 servers, all on US. When games lasted 1 hour. When dead tributes stayed and watched the entire game to find out who won. When people were supportive of one another and instead of "wow you got rekt, haha gg eZ kid" was "that was a good fight, keep it up!". Point is: times have really changed. I can't remember the last time someone said thank you to me for doing my work as a Sr. Staff member. I remember when community members actually looked up to staff members and didn't give them a hassle.

I remember having to play SG 1 over and over again because it was a great map and it was the only map. When Breeze Island came out I remember everyone going insane! Everyone loved it, as did I! I remember when people were thanked for their efforts, long hours, arguments and stress when it was finally paid off. I remember when a dev would join a server and everyone would thank them for creating such an amazing game. Now it's just people complaining and complaining, and complaining.

With Kithex releasing it's first map, a lot of people were excited, a lot of people were not, and in my personal opinion, a lot of people were jealous... Jealous of what? The map being added of course. I never imagined the map getting added. All Kithex was doing was making it look better. Yet here we have people who are giving non-constructive criticism without even playing the map yet! People have become so nitpicky. "oh you used this block too much, I'm never going to play this map". Really? I haven't seen one post saying "Thank you for putting the time and effort into making this map for us to play on", frankly I haven't seen that for about 2 years.

The community is reflecting on our generation. We don't enjoy the little things anymore. We complain but we never appreciate. So here is my challenge for you, for every complaint you make that is not helpful whatsoever (e.g: fix your servers), come up with one thing to thank the staff, developers and Chad himself.

Because really guys, what have we come to? How can we fix this toxic environment we have around us? How can we educate one another to be nice and caring for our fellow community members. Because for crying out loud, this is a video game about BLOCKS. I don't get paid for making maps, I don't get paid for doing the MCGamer Awards, I don't get paid for listening to community members abuse myself and my fellow staff, I don't get paid to uphold your ban disputes, or look at your mod apps. This is all out of the goodness of my heart. The least people can do is stop and say thank you to the people who are helping them. Because that's all we get, the best thing you can give myself, the staff and even other community members (specifically Map Makers), is a simple Thank You.
I cannot stress this enough. Thank you, Nick! <3 :)

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
The amount of destructive criticism has strongly increased for a long time, and to be quite frank, will probably continue. I appreciate this thread as it shows that there are people committed to solving the problem; however, we need more of a movement. If we all put work into things, we'll get something out of it. It takes work from each and every community member, not just the determined few. I will continue trying, but will everyone? The "everyone" decides the answer.

Thank you, Nick.

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
Thank you for writing something like this. I didn't join the servers as early as you did, nor did I enjoy those early days of SG1 and Breeze Island over and over again. However, I wish I could. The community was a lot closer and everyone seemed to have fun playing MCSG, and loving it for the fun and welcoming place that it is. Now we focus on the game so much, and try so hard to get those wins, and that's fine, but at the same time we lose track of the people around us and that make this place such a wonderful hub. I mean look at all the things we have today that MCSG gives us access to, not only do we have these wonderful servers to play such a fun game on, but we have people from all over the world that we can communicate with and learn from. We all sit under the umbrella of MCSG so let's just enjoy the company of one another and have fun.

I'm not saying don't let problems go unnoticed, reach out to a staff member when occurs, but be more thankful and don't point fingers. Let's all just have fun together.

Also thank you staff members!!!

-Demon

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The amount of destructive criticism has strongly increased for a long time, and to be quite frank, will probably continue.
Amen. I've seen some incredibly negative players that can suck the life out of a conversation, and this normally happens on the FORUMS. It's always upsetting to see that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci