• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What have we come to?

Lis

Career
Reaction score
Very well said. I miss how less competitive the people on here were, even 2 years ago.(Or maybe I was just too nooby to notice and was just having fun playing "hunger games" :p )

Everyone's so obsessed over ratios, stats and wins that it's become toxic to the community because people can't just congratulate someone for being number 1 on the leaderboards or for being well skilled. Immediately it's a call-out for hacks or boosting.

It's not even that I want things to be like they were.. I just want a nice, kind and friendly community to come onto after a stressful day of IRL things. A place where I feel completely welcomed by people. A place where we all want to play because we see it as fun, even if we're losing a game or two.

I personally try my best to show my appreciation to the staff/map-builders. I've normally always congratulated a map-maker for their map being accepted. I don't usually say a map is "bad" or anything until after I've thoroughly explored/played it and saw how things were built/made.

Honestly though, thank you to the AMAZING staff team that work so endlessly everyday. You all are quite the great bunch of people. And thanks for all the map-makers who take months and months of their time to build fun and exciting maps - also very great and amazing people. c:

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I joined in September, meaning that I was surrounded by abuse. Since I become a forumer, I've come to appreciate everyone much more.

The only real problem I have with the system is actually getting things done. It seems like we get features that we don't want or need, then when the community starts crying out for something, it comes, but 5 months too late.

cough cough stats reset, clan battle servers, unranked servers, removal of the underplayed games, NCP, trash talk filter, cough cough.

I just wish this stuff got done faster. Other than that, I'm glad that MCGamer has been ran the way it has.

Dzbs

Iron
Reaction score
Ahh..I remember those good ol days.

Great thread Nick, although we never may be able to make the community like it was years ago, due to the increase in competition, I think some of us should stop and think about what good Chad, the devs, the staff, and the map makers are doing to dedicate their time to helping the servers.

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
Very well said. I miss how less competitive the people on here were, even 2 years ago.(Or maybe I was just too nooby to notice and was just having fun playing "hunger games" :p )

Everyone's so obsessed over ratios, stats and wins that it's become toxic to the community because people can't just congratulate someone for being number 1 on the leaderboards or for being well skilled. Immediately it's a call-out for hacks or boosting.

It's not even that I want things to be like they were.. I just want a nice, kind and friendly community to come onto after a stressful day of IRL things. A place where I feel completely welcomed by people. A place where we all want to play because we see it as fun, even if we're losing a game or two.

I personally try my best to show my appreciation to the staff/map-builders. I've normally always congratulated a map-maker for their map being accepted. I don't usually say a map is "bad" or anything until after I've thoroughly explored/played it and saw how things were built/made.

Honestly though, thank you to the AMAZING staff team that work so endlessly everyday. You all are quite the great bunch of people. And thanks for all the map-makers who take months and months of their time to build fun and exciting maps - also very great and amazing people. c:

ur just saying that because ur stats suck!1!11 rekt 3z. jk in all seriousness you're right

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
I still think, and always have. Talent is only as good as how you use it. Yeah you can be good at things, but if you're a jerk no one will respect you.

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
"The elder days have passed, the middle days are passing……

The younger days are beginning."

-Saruman

I actually remembered that quote! :D

I totally agree KitMencha, people are very ungrateful nowadays, but times are changing.

No longer can you mess around with people and expect them to stay online, no longer are seemingly empty maps the norm. Oh the times have changed I see.

Don't get me wrong, I have no authority to say this because I wasn't here in the 'elder days' or more commonly known as the v1 days. But always, I've seen people miss the days where the community was very warm and tight knit. But nowadays, it's all different, groups have formed and separated, stereotypes, and everything that has made the server look trash compare the the glory of the v1 days.

But as time goes on, can we really expect things to always be the same? No, there will be the toxic, the trash-talkers, the immature, the salty. But all those are a part of going through time.

That being said, we should always, always, realize how much everyone has devoted into using that time for us, and in this case, voluntarily. Because they've done very, very well in keeping this boat together.

Most complain for more, others thank the chance.

Kryptiic

Tribute
Reaction score
KitMencha don't get me wrong, you are my favorite Sr.Mod and I see you all over the forums, but in my opinion I feel that if we never complained about the issues you guys wouldn't do anything.

Kryptiic

Tribute
Reaction score
I joined in September, meaning that I was surrounded by abuse. Since I become a forumer, I've come to appreciate everyone much more.

The only real problem I have with the system is actually getting things done. It seems like we get features that we don't want or need, then when the community starts crying out for something, it comes, but 5 months too late.

cough cough stats reset, clan battle servers, unranked servers, removal of the underplayed games, NCP, trash talk filter, cough cough.

I just wish this stuff got done faster. Other than that, I'm glad that MCGamer has been ran the way it has.
I would have to agree with you.

Lis

Career
Reaction score
KitMencha don't get me wrong, you are my favorite Sr.Mod and I see you all over the forums, but in my opinion I feel that if we never complained about the issues you guys wouldn't do anything.
I think a better way to get things done, especially if you expect the staff to do something is to give them constructive criticism. Not complaints. They need to know what is wrong but also what you think is a good solution for that problem. That's how things should be, anyways. We all need to work as a community.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci