• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What Do/Did You Set your "Sprint Key" to?

Have you Switched your Sprint Key?

• Total voters

Gunnishone

Platinum
Reaction score
  • What did you guys set the new 1.7 sprint key to? Mine is set to left shift.
  • How did you get out of the habit of not pressing double tapping W? By using the sprint-key, it was very easy for me. Only took me a day or so to get used to.
  • Also, is it worth it? (Giving up something you've practiced for so long?) Yes it is, for obvious reasons.

Alex

Senior Moderator | Recruitment Team
Reaction score
Inventory like old minecraft in beta and alpha, it is I, and my sprint toggle key is E, since it is right next to w, it is easy to hit.

__DarkVoid__

Diamond
Reaction score
I kept mine as control, I have actually found myself naturally using this key more and more as I play MCSG. The one downside to having it as control is when I hold control and click it right clicks (because I have a mac of course) so that can get annoying in PVP situations. Other than that it seems that I have adapted well to the sprint button. I will still be double tapping W occasionally and I will always use it for parkour which I will never use the sprint button for.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
Without reading the whole thread yet:

I highly, highly recommend keeping the sprint key to shift or ctrl. Most people seem to like having it as E, R, Q, and TAB, but if you think about it...don't you have to talk a finger off of your movement keys to do that?

By setting it to one of these buttons, you limit your movement to the side while starting your sprint. Setting it to Shift or Ctrl allows you to constantly hold down the key with your remaining finger, ready for any unexpected breaks in sprint, without any potential loss of mobility. You also have no idea how important it can really be to be able to hold down the button constantly in very melee based fights, where you need all the possible movement options as you can get.

It'll be more awkward to get used to when you use a new finger entirely for an action completely opposite to what you're used to that finger doing...which is probably why most others don't use it. However, in my personal opinion, it's far more rewarding in the end...and honestly, I got used to it in a day or two.

I do recommend shift over ctrl, however. You'll be sprinting more than sneaking, and at more important times, so just swap the keys. Ctrl is usually more awkward to hold down than shift.

inconceivable81

Platinum
Reaction score
Set it to anything, then get a mouse with macros and set the macro to holding the key forever with 1 click.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci