• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What Do/Did You Set your "Sprint Key" to?

Have you Switched your Sprint Key?

• Total voters
D

Damien // Teepwn

• What did you guys set the new 1.7 sprint key to? I have mine set to 'Z' as it is extremely easy to press being left-handed.
  • How did you get out of the habit of not pressing double tapping W? I actually adjusted pretty fast, I can barely PvP without the sprint key anymore.
  • Also, is it worth it? (Giving up something you've practiced for so long?) 100%.

4non

Platinum
Reaction score
I set mine to Q. Drop is C. Sneak is CTRL.

This was around the time when I was trying to get used to Quake Pro. I played normal survival with the new sprint and boosted up the FOV by 10 every 5 minutes. I eventually got used to it.

I love the new sprint. It's so much easier in PvP.

ScrewYouGumby2

Diamond
Reaction score
  • What did you guys set the new 1.7 sprint key to? Caps lock, for once us mac users have an advantage!
  • How did you get out of the habit of not pressing double tapping W? I got lazy with the double tap
  • Also, is it worth it? (Giving up something you've practiced for so long?) It is better than double tap for sure.

Reaction score
Well I have my 'use item button' set as Q so I can't have my sprint button as that so I have set it to F which I find very easy as it is right next to W,A,S and D (side note I also have my throw button as Z). I luckily got very used to the sprint button very quickly, I think it may be cause I already was to having to use Q, which is very close to W,A,S and D. Personally I do think the sprint button is worth changing to, it does take some getting used to but once I was used to it I played about two times as better with 1.7.2 than 1.6.4.

Yin

Discord: prettyyinpink
Reaction score
I set mine to T, which took me a week to learn (lost about 100 games trying to learn it :p). I think it was worth losing a couple games trying to figure it out, as it's much easier to play a game now.

BitoBain

Career
Reaction score
  • What did you guys set the new 1.7 sprint key to? Avoid setting it to a key that disables your strafing abilities. In other words, make it a key that your pinky or thumb can press. I would recommend caps lock above all others. Your pinky can easily press it with no strain at all. Caps lock is useless and can be set to another key. It could even prevent hand injury.
  • How did you get out of the habit of not pressing double tapping W? You don't need to get out of the habit! However, as you begin to use the sprint key, you will see that it is better in some situations than others. For example, the sprint key never gives you the dreaded wobbles and it does not randomly stop. It also helps when people are getting massive combos on you and you just need to get out of there. Double tap, from my experience, remains superior in parkour for some reason. Double tap is less reliable, but it seems to get you moving faster from a still stand point.
  • Also, is it worth it? (Giving up something you've practiced for so long?) Yes! Absolutely learn to use a sprint key, especially if your keyboard isn't too great. It really is very helpful in some situations and will dramatically improve your strafing and block-hitting.

DAL_9000

Platinum
Reaction score
My buttons are almost all remapped. I have sprint set to Left-shift, and my crouch set to Left-control

Reaction score
I changed it to Tab, and I changed my 'list players' to the squiggly key~~
I don't use 1.7 though c:

Billa

District 13
Reaction score
What did you guys set the new 1.7 sprint key to? Mine is definitely shift, as you don't use your little finger, I find it easier. It also still allows for full strafing compatibilities, so you aren't using the usual index, middle or ring finger.
How did you get out of the habit of not pressing double tapping W? I hardly even double tapped in the first place, strafing was much better.
Also, is it worth it? (Giving up something you've practiced for so long?) I don't mind, certainly gives an advantage towards a 'combo lock'.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci