• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

WE WANT tr.mcgamer.net

You want tr.mcgamer.net ?

• Yes

Votes: 34 85.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 15.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
But man, you don't understand how is so frustrating and annoying see turkish people spamming on the chat, doing teams of 4 and 6 (proofs:
//
//
//
//
// https://youtu.be/wjgATsghUr8?t=29 // https://youtu.be/EQhwOJsB4Vc?t=51 // http://gyazo.com/a2de4129c034c91b06d2074b7a350ef0 You want more :) ?
Although what you say sounds kind of racist towards Turks, I just realized wtf how many Turks play MCSG? I've said in a previous post here that it would be good if there was a server close to Turkey, but I just realized how bad reputation Turkish people have in MCSG... It's like Russian people in CSGO I guess.

Stealthy

District 13
Reaction score
Although what you say sounds kind of racist towards Turks, I just realized wtf how many Turks play MCSG? I've said in a previous post here that it would be good if there was a server close to Turkey, but I just realized how bad reputation Turkish people have in MCSG... It's like Russian people in CSGO I guess.
even worse lol

PowerOfGuri

Career
Reaction score
Yeah m8, now you can I see what MCGamer Europeans pvp'ers have to fight every each day :) StealthyGamer Beaver Scout NuttyGeeza Araxed BazingaMC

Crinkle

Platinum
Reaction score
It's interesting how everyone opposing this idea aren't EU players. ;)

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm going to sidestep the whole, "racism" statement of this entire thread because nothing good would come out of continuing that conversation. But I will say that a great way to make your proposal look bad is by making it quite analogous to a forced ghetto.

We definitely want to support our EU players, regardless of wherever they hail from. And while it would be nice to all speak a single language, we have to support our multi-cultural network as well. It may not be easy, but things would be far worse if we began a system of segregating our playerbase based on the whims of a certain group against the interests of another. Even on a moralistic sense, that is not right.

Having a dedicated Turkish region separate from a dedicated EU region would effectively segregate the playerbase, something that we feel should be avoided if possible. Segregating the playerbase would lead to fewer players per region, then there are fewer games per region, and that could lead to a downward spiral of players being unable to find games consistently and easily. A network like ours depends on a playerbase that everyone can play with, so limiting that playerbase would ultimately be limiting the network.
Everyone seems to be happy with the idea of "pushing Turkish players off 'their' region", but no one's considered the likelihood that "their" region might be dropped entirely if there isn't a sufficient playerbase to support it; remember that we dropped CA earlier this year for the same reason.

Finally, there's the point of the financial reality of the entire matter. Turkish servers are decently priced, but they are more expensive than EU and US servers. It would not be financially realistic of us to start up a new region that is already serviced by another region. We'd basically be paying twice and a half for servers in that region, without the expectation of growth in either place. It would basically be a waste of money; if you want to change that perspective, you'd better start showing us how it'll pay itself off.

I don't feel comfortable with the entire presidence of this thread, nor do I believe that some of the statements being made are appropriate and beneficial. I think that the discussion being had is ultimately toxic and insulting, and not worth continuing. As such, I have decided to Lock this thread.
If you wish to discuss the idea of a Turkish region, you may do so as long in a different thread. But if you want to avoid it getting locked again, I would suggest you alter the tone and perspective taken in the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci