• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Voting for maps, should this be changed?

Do you like this voting improvement?

• Yes

Votes: 280 90.6%
  • No (please explain why below!)

Votes: 29 9.4%

• Total voters

Hks

Diamond
Reaction score
Good idea. I think it should be kept at President Snows Choice. Also, barely anyone uses skip so no one will really miss it.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Also another concept to test, should the President snow's pick be something where it ignores the last played maps making it completely random?

Claps

Diamond
Reaction score
Also another concept to test, should the President snow's pick be something where it ignores the last played maps making it completely random?
That would be fine either way. If it ignores the last played maps, all maps will have a fair chance. But if it doesnt ignore the last played maps then it will give good, less played maps a better chance.

xXAddicted2MCxX

Spectator
Reaction score
Yes I do think this is a very good idea. I am getting tired of playing maps that are too over played. I like most of the maps that are not played much and I really do think we should get this on the server!

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
If we do add this idea, what would then be the number of maps maybe would be best and why? 5? 4? 3? (not including the random selection)
I'd say 4 other maps just so the random gets a chance. 5 is too many in the first place.
Yes please! Ignore the last maps played so it is completely random!

(And maybe add some troll maps, such as the lobby or Demon's Resort or narwhal Paradise to the random just for fun. :p)

DPinky

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It should be like like:

Map 1:
Map 2:
Then random map:

It would defiantly make underrated maps get played more. :D

Yes

MCJackson

District 13
Reaction score
Maybe not 5 maps plus president snows choice. I would imagine 2 or 3 maps plus president snows being a better option. With there being 6 options it would probably only take 6 or 7 votes for one option to win with everyone voting. With there being only 3 or 4 voting options some maps might get more of a chance to be played when it would limit people to 4 options.

WertQuadNine

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Im thinking 4 maps and a random, 5 maps and a random seems too much. Also will there still be skipping? I suggest there shouldn't be.

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
Yes, completely random. Having it only the maps that havent been played would kind of be cheap. Plus, the amount of maps that arent able to be played(5 I think) is a bit high... nowadays, I never get to play on SG4 or breeze because 5 games takes approximately 1-2 hours, which is sometimes ALL the time people can play. Also, just out of curiosity does this mean new maps are being considered?

Cinci | Kame

Platinum
Reaction score
Just saying Bo2 and CoD are pretty much the same thing. And I like the idea you had where even if the map was just played, you could still play it again. I actually like map 4 and that it's overplayed xD Nowadays, map 4 is almost never played in the games that I join. I like the good ol' days where it was just nothing but map 4 and
Breeze. That's just my opinion though; I don't expect anyone to agree with me on that one, haha.
Its played a lot in the games i am in :p

Twee

District 13
Reaction score
Good idea. Also what if you spawned in the lobby with 5 maps in your hotbar and just clicked it to vote for it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci