• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Voting for maps, should this be changed?

Do you like this voting improvement?

• Yes

Votes: 280 90.6%
  • No (please explain why below!)

Votes: 29 9.4%

• Total voters

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
I like this idea, but maybe have less choices along with that to make it more popular?

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What would the amount of votes need for random? or would it be like any other map option in the sense of voting?
Selection with the higher count wins as this is always the case. So if the random map gets more votes, it will be picked.

As long as donors get there extra votes in it I think it sounds fantastic.
We will not touch the premium voting weight and it will remain the same as always. So Iron +1 up to Diamond which is +3.

Edog

Platinum
Reaction score
Is it me... or is the whole "random map" selection thing coming from the Hive, but anyways, I like the idea of the "President Snow pick" , it sounds cool, and if you could bring back the start of deathmatch message; "President Snow doesn't like when tributes run" kinda thing, that'd be cool too :p

EDIT: I don't know if it's changed or not, but Diamond gets 4 voting weight as of 3 days ago.

Claps

Diamond
Reaction score
Imagine if for like 1000 bounty points you could add a map to the voting list, or be able to see/pick what the random map is. :p

Edog

Platinum
Reaction score
Imagine if for like 1000 bounty points you could add a map to the voting list, or be able to see/pick what the random map is. :p
That'd be abused wayyy too easily, people who accumulate high amounts of points would love that, but that'd be unfair to the average player. But to be honest, that'd be good for Clan Wars. :p

TheYahcookie

Career
Reaction score
Seem like a very fair idea. Yes, there will still be complaints from people about "maps being overplayed" but IMO, the last voting update fixed that. This will make it even more fun for all players :D

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
EDIT: I don't know if it's changed or not, but Diamond gets 4 voting weight as of 3 days ago.
Your one vote + the added premium weight. So 1 + 3 if you are a diamond which adds to 4. Sorry, clarification.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci