• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Removal of Seeds & Saplings

Should Seeds and Saplings be Removed from MCSG?

• Yes!

Votes: 44 66.7%
  • No...

Votes: 22 33.3%

• Total voters

Mr_Tibbels

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Definitely remove seeds, but saplings can be served as a fuel for furnaces.

Nadare

Survivor
Reaction score
If it's not already the case, I think saplings/mushrooms should be placeable and compatible with bonemeal.

Nadare

Survivor
Reaction score
I think that would be kinda OP/annoying.
How would it be OP? Sure, it might be OP if the tree grows up under your enemy, impaling them and permanently immortalizing their head on a giant leafy stake, but that's not the case.
It would be useful for quick distractions, defensive not offensive, essentially the opposite of flint and steel. Gathering large amounts of red mushrooms (not the easiest feat) could also be used to do things like block off access to the cornucopia without use of trees on maps like SG1 or SG2.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
How would it be OP? Sure, it might be OP if the tree grows up under your enemy, impaling them and permanently immortalizing their head on a giant leafy stake, but that's not the case.
It would be useful for quick distractions, defensive not offensive, essentially the opposite of flint and steel. Gathering large amounts of red mushrooms (not the easiest feat) could also be used to do things like block off access to the cornucopia without use of trees on maps like SG1 or SG2.
Ruining areas for PvP, bypassing parkour, accessing areas you aren't supposed to.

Nadare

Survivor
Reaction score
Ruining areas for PvP, bypassing parkour, accessing areas you aren't supposed to.
1) Ruining areas for PvP - this is invalid imo, it would be a form of strategic terrain modification. Just because the area isn't flat anymore doesn't mean it's ruined for PvP.

2) Bypassing parkour - Very few places with gamebreaking parkour puzzles (if any at all) are within stick-throwing distance of any mushroom/tree compatible soil.

3) Accessing areas you aren't supposed to - Again, where? No map walls are nearly low enough to get out on a mushroom or a tree, and any "puzzle" type areas that could be accessed in this way are worthy of a player who is resourceful enough.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
1) Ruining areas for PvP - this is invalid imo, it would be a form of strategic terrain modification. Just because the area isn't flat anymore doesn't mean it's ruined for PvP.

2) Bypassing parkour - Very few places with gamebreaking parkour puzzles (if any at all) are within stick-throwing distance of any mushroom/tree compatible soil.

3) Accessing areas you aren't supposed to - Again, where? No map walls are nearly low enough to get out on a mushroom or a tree, and any "puzzle" type areas that could be accessed in this way are worthy of a player who is resourceful enough.
Still... I know realism is normally a bad argument, this this is really far-fetched from anything realistic at all and I don't like the implications of having it.

Nadare

Survivor
Reaction score
Still... I know realism is normally a bad argument, this this is really far-fetched from anything realistic at all and I don't like the implications of having it.
I would have accepted realism as an argument if MCSG hadn't become more focused on deathmatch style PvP games as opposed to the Hunger Games :p

EDIT: If it was unclear, by this I mean that the game is now not about "winning the Hunger Games" and more about "using your minecraft ability and PvP skill to their top potential", which suits what I'm suggesting.

dq

District 13
Reaction score
How would it be OP? Sure, it might be OP if the tree grows up under your enemy, impaling them and permanently immortalizing their head on a giant leafy stake
Oh my god, that sounds splendid.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci