• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Minecraft 1.8 Update

Yannick

District 13
Reaction score
I'll be glad to have everyone running the same version. No more complaints of unequal treatment nor unfair gameplay due to version differences. Everyone's running the same version, no one has a reason to complain.

Also, seems like we're going to be one of the first large networks to go full 1.8. How much does everyone want to bet that after we go full 1.8, everyone else will make their transition announcements too?
Yes! I bet in 2-3 Months all servers will be Full 1.8!

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
Omg. Just omg. So sad to see all these people saying "Good work!", "Nice update" and some stuff like that... I don't see anything why this update should be good...
Leaderboards reset? Only those people who has no life and spend like 10 hours a day playing MC will get high.
Hub updates and pets? I (and I'm sure a lot of PvP'ers) don't care if they have a pet or not and how the hub looks like.
New spectator mode? Ummmm, I come to MCGamer to take part in SG, not to spectate it... If a want to watch a game, I just watch some 8oz's or other really good PvPer's vids on YT...
1.8? The worst thing ever... Fishing rod looks weird. Bow looks weird. Armour doesn't go red when you hit a person. FPS drops. A LOT of lags...
kden. Tried to play on 1.8 today. Got killed by a randy with 20/400 who don't even know how to use a rod properly just because my rod wasn't pushing him away and only 1/5 of my hits were registering. Perfect version for PvP-related gametype. ;-;
bb MCGamer, pretty sure I'm not the only person to leave MCGamer. A lot of people were playing on MCSG because it used to be the best server for SG. But since 3rd, February, it won't be as good as it used to be anymore ;(
Anyway, everyone was working really hard to get the servers updated... Good luck and have a nice day. bb
You might just need a better computer or try using optifine
why are you complaining.. MCGamer cannot stay on an old version forever!
FPS? Use optifine or get a better computer, i get more FPS on 1.8 then 1.7!
The "Randy" who killed you probably was using 1.7, so they had a advantage over you for getting "combos"! Once the server is on 1.8 only no one will have a advantage bc everyone will be on 1.8! Pvp on 1.8 is just different, not bad! You just have to get used to it! And in about 2-3 all servers must update to 1.8! So be prepared!
You get better FPS on 1.8? IM SO DONE!
I'll be glad to have everyone running the same version. No more complaints of unequal treatment nor unfair gameplay due to version differences. Everyone's running the same version, no one has a reason to complain.

Also, seems like we're going to be one of the first large networks to go full 1.8. How much does everyone want to bet that after we go full 1.8, everyone else will make their transition announcements too?
Ye boyyyyy

Vinyl

Diamond
Reaction score
why are you complaining.. MCGamer cannot stay on an old version forever!
FPS? Use optifine or get a better computer, i get more FPS on 1.8 then 1.7!
The "Randy" who killed you probably was using 1.7, so they had a advantage over you for getting "combos"! Once the server is on 1.8 only no one will have a advantage bc everyone will be on 1.8! Pvp on 1.8 is just different, not bad! You just have to get used to it! And in about 2-3 all servers must update to 1.8! So be prepared!
Try to eliminate your overused exclamation points. They hurt my eyes.

Skillz5dayz

Tribute
Reaction score
what the hell is the benefit of going to 1.8 only.....its terrible for pvp and its so laggy?

Dj_Quik

Platinum
Reaction score
IMO this is going to be like the leaderboard update, they say that it will happen on a certain date, then they keep changing the date because they are to lazy to actually get it done.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci