• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Dislike Button

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
This also brings up the issue of if someone kills another person ingame the person who wasn't satisfied with the kill could come to the forum and dislike every post that this person posted. So, no.
Plus, if a post is really bad enough to deserve a dislike (cuz everyone has an opinion) then it should be reported and closed.
No, sometimes I think someone just has such an awful idea or such an awful post that isn't something to report, but you really just dislike it, I would want to dislike it. I do agree with the posts against a dislike button above me though.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
This would show hate, and dislike. Which many people agree is bullying. It's like... A new person joins and makes a thread not knowing the community, gets flooded with hate and dislike and leaves. Hey, that could've been a valuable member we lost.

#Disagreewiththisidea
Now...dis I like. :D (...I had to, sorry.)

Anyway - I can say now that adding a dislike button would only cause massive issues - I've seen it before. One forum I used just had quite a few updates, and they forgot to remove the dislike button for about two days - one user that a lot of people at the time particularly disliked had a group of 5+ people dislike every single one of his posts...
A dislike system would just cause far too many issues - nobody would use it how it's supposed to be used, it's just something someone would do to someone they had a grudge against for silly things like being killed by them.

Vaangel

District 13
Reaction score
I'm sure that if we had a dislike button, there would be a "Dislike recieved" stat just like "Likes recieved" and some people would have 5 likes and 789 dislikes :eek:

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
No, because then you would feel bad for reaching the maximum amount of dislikes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci