• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Disaster Games

Is This a Map That You'd Like to See in Mcsg?

• Total voters

DAL_9000

Platinum
Reaction score
Very interesting! It's similar to my upcoming map, so I'd love to see how they compare. I don't like the title though, as I can hardly see how it's that relevant to the feel of the map. But that's such a small thing, so about the real map now.

First of all, the signs at spawn aren't relevant, the devs will figure it all out when the maps get added.

The terraforming is nice, I don't see any issues with it.

The structures are all fairly well designed. I had an issue with the lighouse parkour though. In my opinion, parkour shouldn't be that difficult, and I found that it was nearly impossible to do the first ladder jump. Also, people lag, so all it takes is one lag spike in that very long parkour for somebody to kill themselves. Maybe, do it in levels, so although people may stuff up and take fall damage, death usually shouldn't be a large risk for long sections of parkour like that.

Overall, a very well designed map. I'd like to see more redstone traps and mechanisms though, as I couldn't find any (correct me if I'm wrong)
We wanted to make a more natural map, no too many traps, giving way for more skill to take place instead of getting lucky with a trap. There is one place with a piston door that leads to a secret area, but other than that it's mre natural, thanks for the feedback though :)

DAL_9000

Platinum
Reaction score
Reasons I love this map-
1. Size. For a hill map, not too big, not too small. Perfect size IMO.
2. Structures. Again, for something that looks very foresty, this map doesn't have a lack of structures and will be sure to keep you interested. They're also very pretty :D
3. Layout. I like the way it works, and it all seems to flow together very naturally.
4. PvP. There's a lot of different PvP opportunities on this map, I like the idea that there's buildings to fight in, flat lands, water, forest, hills- It's got everything you'll need.

You've done VERY well on this map, I hope to see it added to the servers in the near future. You really hit the nail on the head with what people like and don't like and you've put it all in the map. Good luck!
Thank you so much. we tried to appeal to all types of people, but that's a bit hard. Thanks for the input :D

static_nightmare

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
We wanted to make a more natural map, no too many traps, giving way for more skill to take place instead of getting lucky with a trap. There is one place with a piston door that leads to a secret area, but other than that it's mre natural, thanks for the feedback though :)
Fair enough. Maybe you should include things like gravel traps. They can seem natural if built properly, despite being a legitimate trap

Teweran

Career
Reaction score
What I can say is that 'Mr Teweran' is a fan of this map.
But the terrain would look better if it had been made with voxelsniper.
Worldpainter is too
straight! sorry^^

zukodark

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This map is really good, the only issue I see is that the windmill has a bit plain and ugly walls, but I love the rest.

illumina1337

Diamond
Reaction score
Its a very well built and great map, when I think of a good map I will think of this from now on :)

Raycu

Survivor
Reaction score
That was mean, there are allot of people that like insanity cause.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci