• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Disaster Games

Is This a Map That You'd Like to See in Mcsg?

• Total voters

DAL_9000

Platinum
Reaction score
~How The Disaster Games Came About~
So me, and my friends Alec129 and ZxxPredator1xxZ decided we needed to break the chain of Survival Games 4 and Breeze Island being the 2 most overplayed maps. We took a close look at the two maps and saw one thing, size. This map, The Disaster Games, is about the size of Survival Games 4, with a completely new theme.
~The Disaster Games Lore~
The increased temperatures caused by global warming have not only effected the over word, but have greatly changed the core of the earth. This temperature change inside the earth has caused pressure to rise, making huge stone spires shoot up out of the ground. These huge ore filled structures take no mercy, and rip through anything that comes in their way, crashing through houses and bridges alike. This years annual Survival Games will take place in one of the abandoned towns evacuated just moments after this messy occurrence.
~What Makes The Disaster Games Worth Playing?~
This map, worked on every day for a little over 2 weeks, is jam-packed with content. While some of the map is made up of forest, most of it is made interesting with unique houses, a light house, a wind mill, and plenty of Easter eggs. There are plenty of chests, making even your first play through enjoyable. Noobs to the map will easily find enough chests to keep them going, but after studying the map, they'll be sure to find its secrets.
~Change Log~
-Version 1.0: Map created, Most big builds completed. (Lighthouse, Housing District, Bridges)
-Version 1.1: Touched up on a few main builds, Added more detail and more water spots. (Mainly for fishing, ect.)
-Version 1.2: Added blocks under the glass dome to create seamless transition to outer map-area, Added Windmill, Added more dense tree areas.
-Version 2.0: Added more spikes, Added areas for dense spike areas, Added secret to ravine
-Version 2.0.5: Added more detail to bottom of spikes, Added rock slides near spikes on mountain-edges
~Screenshots~
2013-03-17_16.28.52.png
Cornucopia with Spikes Strewn Throughout​
2013-03-17_16.27.19.png
Small Housing District with Torn-Up Houses​
2013-03-17_16.27.46.png
Campsite with Lodge Overlooking Tents​
2013-03-17_16.28.07.png
Lighthouse with Torn-Apart Bridge​
2013-03-17_16.28.40.png
Mountain Area with Windmill and Secluded Mountain House​
(Map Built by NewYorkKidd9, Alec129, and ZxxPredator1xxZ)​

XxGagaxX

District 13
Reaction score
Nice work.
You sure about that size? xD
Has potential to become a MCSG map.

ManOfTheBread

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'm half and half on it. I like the idea of the map, but when I first looked at the map, the first word that popped into my mind was vanilla. The terrain (mainly the mountains) look almost to symmetrical, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of shape to the mountains, it looks like just well, a hill. Nothing special to it that makes your eyes pop and say WOW! (the terrain). Enough of the negatives though, the rest of the map seems pretty neat, while the theme seems pretty plain, it's not bad at all. But really that's the only positive for me, it's not a bad map, but there's more to critique than there is to compliment. I will admit, this building
looks really nice, and so does most other buildings. But it just seems too random, now even if you were going for random as you're theme, there has to be some kind of color to the map. But, I think I've said enough, I like the map, but it seems very dull to me.

DAL_9000

Platinum
Reaction score
I'm half and half on it. I like the idea of the map, but when I first looked at the map, the first word that popped into my mind was vanilla. The terrain (mainly the mountains) look almost to symmetrical, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of shape to the mountains, it looks like just well, a hill. Nothing special to it that makes your eyes pop and say WOW! (the terrain). Enough of the negatives though, the rest of the map seems pretty neat, while the theme seems pretty plain, it's not bad at all. But really that's the only positive for me, it's not a bad map, but there's more to critique than there is to compliment. I will admit, this building
looks really nice, and so does most other buildings. But it just seems too random, now even if you were going for random as you're theme, there has to be some kind of color to the map. But, I think I've said enough, I like the map, but it seems very dull to me.
Thanks for the criticism. I can assure you that the world generation is not vanilla, and we tried to make it as packed as possible to avoid being plain, but I wanted to still keep the rural theme, which would include the empty space full of trees that it has

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
I love it! (Just not that shader...) Great work guys ;).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci