• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Disaster Games

Is This a Map That You'd Like to See in Mcsg?

• Total voters
Reaction score
I like it, but if you are trying to out-conquer SG4 and Breeze, then I don't think this will do that.
First of all, what makes SG4 so popular is that it is relatively small. Not only technically, but it is very easy to navigate around in the terrain, there are alot of chests and the map is pretty much divided in different parts. We have the train, and the train station, we have the airplane, we have the main city area and we have the huts and the forest. This is all very easy to remember, and it is very easy to navigate in. Your map is both harmonic and small, but there are alot of maps like that. The theme you came up with seems rather unique, but it doesn't look so unique. There are some few of those ore filled structures here and there, but to make it look unique you should have more of them in one single area, where they are like 8 blocks tall and very massive, while there are some areas with almost none.

Sorry if this was hard to read and/or filled with some massive grammar mistakes. I am rather tired and sleepy right now. xP

DAL_9000

Platinum
Reaction score
I like it, but if you are trying to out-conquer SG4 and Breeze, then I don't think this will do that.
First of all, what makes SG4 so popular is that it is relatively small. Not only technically, but it is very easy to navigate around in the terrain, there are alot of chests and the map is pretty much divided in different parts. We have the train, and the train station, we have the airplane, we have the main city area and we have the huts and the forest. This is all very easy to remember, and it is very easy to navigate in. Your map is both harmonic and small, but there are alot of maps like that. The theme you came up with seems rather unique, but it doesn't look so unique. There are some few of those ore filled structures here and there, but to make it look unique you should have more of them in one single area, where they are like 8 blocks tall and very massive, while there are some areas with almost none.

Sorry if this was hard to read and/or filled with some massive grammar mistakes. I am rather tired and sleepy right now. xP
Thanks for the feedback, I'll take all these suggestions and fix what needs to be fixed soon :)

Reaction score
This is great! I've hopped on a single player world to check it out and it's really just wonderful.. I can tell a lot of the buildings were inspired my Mr Teweran :). I know you guys have been working hard and it's really paid off! Maybe a bit more structures though, some areas feel really empty. I can also take some screenshots, and even a video too, with the shaders mod of course :). I wish you three the best of luck! - Myles <3

444russell444

Tribute
Reaction score
HEy dude, Can you make it a .Zip download instead of .rar? I cant seem to get it to work with a .rar

One more thing, I am making an sg map of my own. I need suggestions. The theme is volcano eruptions. I have 3 volcanos already in place but i need ideas on what to put around the arena.

444russell444

Tribute
Reaction score
Can someone tell me how to turn the Map.rar file that i get when i download it into my own world?

Vox

Career
Reaction score
Yeah, it's pretty much Sg4's size, so games will go quick (I figured most people would enjoy that)
Hey Newyork this map looks awesome as I have said before. I really hope that this takes insanity causes place.

Zoeticly

Platinum
Reaction score
i have a love hate realationship with sg4 and breeze, i love how small the map is and the great the chest locations but i hate how overplayed they are. this seems really good and would be a great addition to the maps we currently have.i love the concept and i just hope there are plenty of chests. im sure you did though because sg4 has so many! good job!

static_nightmare

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Very interesting! It's similar to my upcoming map, so I'd love to see how they compare. I don't like the title though, as I can hardly see how it's that relevant to the feel of the map. But that's such a small thing, so about the real map now.

First of all, the signs at spawn aren't relevant, the devs will figure it all out when the maps get added.

The terraforming is nice, I don't see any issues with it.

The structures are all fairly well designed. I had an issue with the lighouse parkour though. In my opinion, parkour shouldn't be that difficult, and I found that it was nearly impossible to do the first ladder jump. Also, people lag, so all it takes is one lag spike in that very long parkour for somebody to kill themselves. Maybe, do it in levels, so although people may stuff up and take fall damage, death usually shouldn't be a large risk for long sections of parkour like that.

Overall, a very well designed map. I'd like to see more redstone traps and mechanisms though, as I couldn't find any (correct me if I'm wrong)

cubemylife

Experienced
Reaction score
Reasons I love this map-
1. Size. For a hill map, not too big, not too small. Perfect size IMO.
2. Structures. Again, for something that looks very foresty, this map doesn't have a lack of structures and will be sure to keep you interested. They're also very pretty :D
3. Layout. I like the way it works, and it all seems to flow together very naturally.
4. PvP. There's a lot of different PvP opportunities on this map, I like the idea that there's buildings to fight in, flat lands, water, forest, hills- It's got everything you'll need.

You've done VERY well on this map, I hope to see it added to the servers in the near future. You really hit the nail on the head with what people like and don't like and you've put it all in the map. Good luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci