• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Suggestion: A Plug-in that Shows Your Competition

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
Hey Theori here with another suggestion,

When I join a server, I always find myself wondering who is my biggest competition, and because points are not that reliable to tell how good someone is, I suggest a feature that the determines the best players, and orders them in win or win percentage count.

So when someone would join a server they could type something to the extent of /best or /competition or /win percentages to tell you who's most likely to win or be of competition.

This also provides further reason to get better, get some wins, and keep practicing. And hopefully another incentive or goal will get people to play longer.

I want to hear what you guys think!

-Theori

ManOfTheBread

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I would like to know if there really is someone better than me when I'm on at 5 in the morning.

kaiomann

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I always do that in the lobby. I check some people and their records and think "Huh, this might be an easy win" But then..."Ifrox joined the game" My Win percentage goes down to 10% :(

Vaangel

District 13
Reaction score
This would be awesome! It would be great for new people too, so that they know who to avoid ingame
Well I don't think that new people will start a fistfight with [6798]<zenoCrafter> :D

But yeah, this is a good idea!

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
Sounds cool, but then I could never hide out and then surprise noobs with my skills......

>.<

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
Well, win percentage isn't exactly accurate, either...

I, for example, have been giving a lot of wins to my teammates, of which I could easily beat. (And I mean a lot...I win 2, maybe three times in a day I only team and play for hours, but playing for an hour or two less on my own, I win more like 7 times...) As well, even with such a good win percentage myself, I'm still no better than egrodo or any of them just because mine is better.

Points aren't really accurate...for obvious reasons.

Wins aren't accurate...again, for obvious reasons.

Honestly, none of the methods to see who is the "best" in the lobby are really that great. A combination of them would be better - I.E: A secondary account used to store mass points like Creeper_Mayor in the US wouldn't be able to keep up with wins while staying high in points. A horrible win percentage adds onto how unlikely it is the points are legit.

subtato

District 13
Reaction score
Also, keep in mind that the entire statistics system would have to be revamped for this to happen.
I mean, I plan on doing it anyways to do more of a day-by-day statistics thing, but it's just something to keep in mind.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci