• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Staff problem,

Moderator application age change?

• Stay 15+

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • Lower

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaex

Diamond
Reaction score
I only thought that it would decrease my chances because i was thinking that admins and other mods would think that an older person would be more mature, and would get picked over a younger person, if both of their app's were similar.
It's not the person's age that determines the maturity of a person. An 14 year old might be more mature than a 16 year old, and if it shows in the application, and the 14 year old has taken the right steps to get an Age Exception, the 14 year old might get mod. It all depends on the application, and interview. Also, I don't think Admins and Sr. Mods are that bias when it comes to age and new applications. It can be vigorous, yes, but if you are that dedicated, you will likely pass.

Well all I'm saying is that I've noticed a lack of staff on CA for the past few months. Not on the whole mcgamer network. If some staff members from say, US came over? The problem would be fixed.
If the Administrative and Sr. Staff recognizes that there needs to be more staff in CA, they might tell some people to move there to moderate. Either that, or they would start hiring some CA-based staff members once applications open up again, or the ones in pending get accepted. I try and help CA when there are no mods there, usually.

KellieBreanne

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Believe it or not but actually a lot of the people who retired were the younger mods. Most of the older people are still here.
also,
I got denied cause of age, that was the only reason I got. I am a lot more mature then other people i am told. Anyways I'm sick of getting spammed on ca servers and if this problem isn't fixed other people will be to.
You were denied for more reasons than that. Please recheck your declined mod app again and tell the truth. We don't like people lying here.

AMooseMan3

Platinum
Reaction score
I just need to wait till September so I can apply normally, due to 1 offence an age exception can't get accepted :c

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
Believe it or not but actually a lot of the people who retired were the younger mods. Most of the older people are still here.
Hmhmh come think of it, yeah quite of few of them are :eek:
Wait it wasn't just age? I did apply a while back and it didn't let me check it again :( sowwy

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
I only thought that it would decrease my chances because i was thinking that admins and other mods would think that an older person would be more mature, and would get picked over a younger person, if both of their app's were similar.
In this hypothetical situation where two differently-aged individuals submitted applications of equal quality, then they both should be accepted.

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
The current age limit will stay the same, I understand you see that people are resigning, that does not mean though, that it is directly related to the age requirement for Moderators.
dat grammar dough.

Anyways, just so you know are are age exceptions available they are just hard to get.
If you are committed enough to be under 15 and a mod, then you can go for an age exception.
Not sure this was said, but Dave is dyslexic, so the grammar will be bad, its not something to point out.

Zaex

Diamond
Reaction score
The current age limit will stay the same, I understand you see that people are resigning, that does not mean though, that it is directly related to the age requirement for Moderators.

Not sure this was said, but Dave is dyslexic, so the grammar will be bad, its not something to point out.
What he was trying to get at, is with all these moderators resigning, the age limit should be reduced to let more hopeful applicants apply to make up for the mods that are resigning.

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
We should rename this thread from, "Staff problem" to "Age Limit problem", considering there doesn't seem to be any problems with the current staff being discussed, but just another topic about age limits.

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score

I think I got t all sorted out now. A lot of the younger people retired and it happened to be that CA had a lot of young staff. So the fact that they retired just lower the amount on ca, I guess I had it backwards o_O

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
We should rename this thread from, "Staff problem" to "Age Limit problem", considering there doesn't seem to be any problems with the current staff being discussed, but just another topic about age limits.
Fair enough, you can do dat

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
What he was trying to get at, is with all these moderators resigning, the age limit should be reduced to let more hopeful applicants apply to make up for the mods that are resigning.
I know that, but by saying this, you are wanting quantity over quality, which is what we are trying very hard to avoid doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci