• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Staff problem,

Moderator application age change?

• Stay 15+

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • Lower

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mlpoknzaba

Diamond
Reaction score
I think that it should be lowered to at the most 13 because kids are immature usually under that age. but i am 14 and i want to be a moderator, but i would wait until i am 15 so it improves my chances.

YOUTUBE- www.youtube.com/geocongaming
Saying you want to be mod and then breaking the rules kind of goes against you.

EDIT
I know that, but i just think that putting an age exception in would decrease my chances.
No, just means you really want to help, so much that you cannot wait.

Zaex

Diamond
Reaction score
It just goes through a different way, so...

Last edited:

ProHighJacker

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
If the age limit is lowered, yes, a lot more younger people will apply, but that really isn't a bad thing. Some 'kids' are actually pretty mature for their age. But by getting an age excpetion it shows you are willing to put a lot of effort and determination into getting moderator. It also shows a level of maturity. Although all moderator applications have been closed until further noticed. I still would not like an age requirement being lowered.

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
I got denied cause of age, that was the only reason I got. I am a lot more mature then other people i am told. Anyways I'm sick of getting spammed on ca servers and if this problem isn't fixed other people will be to.

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
Also the fact that staff are under the minimum age is because they applied before the 15 years old rule was put in place.

Zaex

Diamond
Reaction score
I might apply soon then :D thanks.
You have to apply once mod apps are back open, again.
Also the fact that staff are under the minimum age is because they applied before the 15 years old rule was put in place.
I got denied cause of age, that was the only reason I got. I am a lot more mature then other people i am told. Anyways I'm sick of getting spammed on ca servers and if this problem isn't fixed other people will be to.
One, please don't double post. There is an edit button to edit your original post. And two, How old were you when you applied?

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
You have to apply once mod apps are back open, again.

One, please don't double post. There is an edit button to edit your original post. And two, How old were you when you applied?
Sorry about that, I was just over 13 years of age when I applied.

Zaex

Diamond
Reaction score
Sorry about that, I was just over 13 years of age when I applied.
Hmm.....ok.
EDIT: I don't know how this would work out, any Staff Member who knows about it like to help me out?

Last edited:

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
Alright, I guess I will have to get involved in this discussion after all. Most of everyone's points are correct, but need further annunciation. I'll take them post by post.

I've noticed a lot of mcsg staff has been retiring lately. My theory is that the rule 15 years and up for moderator applications is the problem.
Truth: A number of MCG staff have been retiring. People are always retiring and resigning over time, and we accept that.
False: The number of staff is declining overall. People are quitting faster than they're being hired- OMG! The Sink is Shipping!
What You Don't Realize: As the guy who has to send out staff email notifications to every staff member for every staff meeting, I can say that the staff number has always been growing.
Then why does it seem like a problem? Because the mods who are recognized and popular are retiring, but that doesn't mean other mods don't exist. In fact, our new mods will become the new recognized and popular mods with some added time, because that's just how communities work. So just because the mods we know and like may be leaving, doesn't mean there are no mods left at all.

We recently shut down moderator applications so that we could get a better handle on the mass of them that are coming in. We wouldn't do that if we were facing some sort of mod shortage.
And I don't see how the age limit is forcing current mods to retire. The post states that the problem is staff retirement, yet states that the age limit is the problem. What?

There are a large number of staff who are below the required age minimum. They were approved for age exceptions.
ThePikachuPro, Bstone36, CaptButterToast, and certainly more that don't immediately come to mind.
There are a number of other mods as well who were/are under our current age limit, but most of them were applied and accepted when the age limit was 14. Only a handful of the mods were passed via Age Exception, and that was usually while Chad was handling them. The current mod apps with the current age exceptions are still pending processing.

I know that, but i just think that putting an age exception in would decrease my chances.
I don't understand the logic of this statement. If an Age Exception would lower the likelihood of your moderator application being accepted, then why would we have the Age Exception process in the first place?
Age Exceptions exist to give players with exceptional skills and conditions (i.e. underage, but demonstrating considerable ability and maturity) an equal chance as the people who are applying normally. In fact, I would venture that having an Age Exception makes an applicant more likely to be accepted. The Age Exception Process includes a fairly vigorous vetting process that checks for a number of things beyond the reach of a normal moderator application. If someone passes the Age Exception Process, they've succeeded through a series of checks that are more intense than the Moderator Application Process; the two processes simply check different things to different levels of depth.

geocon27

Tribute
Reaction score
Alright, I guess I will have to get involved in this discussion after all. Most of everyone's points are correct, but need further annunciation. I'll take them post by post.

Truth: A number of MCG staff have been retiring. People are always retiring and resigning over time, and we accept that.
False: The number of staff is declining overall. People are quitting faster than they're being hired- OMG! The Sink is Shipping!
What You Don't Realize: As the guy who has to send out staff email notifications to every staff member for every staff meeting, I can say that the staff number has always been growing.
Then why does it seem like a problem? Because the mods who are recognized and popular are retiring, but that doesn't mean other mods don't exist. In fact, our new mods will become the new recognized and popular mods with some added time, because that's just how communities work. So just because the mods we know and like may be leaving, doesn't mean there are no mods left at all.

We recently shut down moderator applications so that we could get a better handle on the mass of them that are coming in. We wouldn't do that if we were facing some sort of mod shortage.
And I don't see how the age limit is forcing current mods to retire. The post states that the problem is staff retirement, yet states that the age limit is the problem. What?

There are a number of other mods as well who were/are under our current age limit, but most of them were applied and accepted when the age limit was 14. Only a handful of the mods were passed via Age Exception, and that was usually while Chad was handling them. The current mod apps with the current age exceptions are still pending processing.

I don't understand the logic of this statement. If an Age Exception would lower the likelihood of your moderator application being accepted, then why would we have the Age Exception process in the first place?
Age Exceptions exist to give players with exceptional skills and conditions (i.e. underage, but demonstrating considerable ability and maturity) an equal chance as the people who are applying normally. In fact, I would venture that having an Age Exception makes an applicant more likely to be accepted. The Age Exception Process includes a fairly vigorous vetting process that checks for a number of things beyond the reach of a normal moderator application. If someone passes the Age Exception Process, they've succeeded through a series of checks that are more intense than the Moderator Application Process; the two processes simply check different things to different levels of depth.
I only thought that it would decrease my chances because i was thinking that admins and other mods would think that an older person would be more mature, and would get picked over a younger person, if both of their app's were similar.

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
Well all I'm saying is that I've noticed a lack of staff on CA for the past few months. Not on the whole mcgamer network. If some staff members from say, US came over? The problem would be fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci