• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Simply Unfair.

Is the balance of points gained/lost for kills/deaths unfair?

• Total voters

Denster91

Platinum
Reaction score
The system of points is quite simple and balanced really...you lose 1/20th of your points for dying, and you get 1/20th of the person's points if you kill them, with a minimum of 5 points per kill.

(also points don't mean anything :p)

FuSioN

Diamond
Reaction score
All I'm gonna say is if you're slamming your keyboard "in a fit of rage" because you died, I'm gonaa highly recommend you take a break from this game.

TauSigmaNova

Spectator
Reaction score
Here's a simple solution: get better at the game!
How about those wonderful random deaths or deaths at corn or when you can't find weapons?
Sure, "dying less" helps, but it's easier said than done. Truth be told the game greatly relies on equipment, somewhat more-so than skill [although skill can help you greatly if you're outnumbered or out-equipped]

FuSioN

Diamond
Reaction score
How about those wonderful random deaths or deaths at corn or when you can't find weapons?
Sure, "dying less" helps, but it's easier said than done. Truth be told the game greatly relies on equipment, somewhat more-so than skill [although skill can help you greatly if you're outnumbered or out-equipped]
If you can't a weapon, you have a crappy chest route.

If your dying off corn, either run away fast or don't go to corn.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I don't think it's that unfair. I currently have 2000 points, and I lose over 100 points every time I die. But I find that when I gain points, I gain plenty of points and enough so that I don't lose that many and when I win I end up going up. So in the end, I'm still higher than I was.

If you don't have the skill to keep your points up, do you really deserve those points at all? If you can keep your points up good, and if you can get them up then lose them, that's still fun while you had them.

Also, arguing about whether points are useful is pointless. Some people like points, others don't. Some people find them to be good cause for competition, and for people like me I find I play better when I have lots of points because I want to keep them up, and then there are also people that think points just cause people to target them. Those people can just bounty their points away if they want to.

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
This isn't unfair at all. Trust me, it's not like we don't face three teams. I've fought eight teams before, but I don't make rage threads.

Also, like said earlier, points are useless.

Sonny_Dude1

Platinum
Reaction score
This is what I do if i see a team of 4 or more coming I type /kill and lose no points.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci