• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Simply Unfair.

Is the balance of points gained/lost for kills/deaths unfair?

• Total voters

Captain Dak

Platinum
Reaction score
Because then how would sponsoring work? Also, points have been around MCSG forever, they're probably the most consistent thing that's ever come to MCSG, removing them would be removing a lot of MCSG's past.

Captain Dak I've never viewed points as something to prove skill, even when bounties weren't there. Let's say I have 20 points and I get a sword off spawn and kill someone with 2000 points, and I get maybe around 150 points for the kill, was it really a demonstration of how skilled I am as a player?
Notice how I said "to a certain degree". :p

TauSigmaNova

Spectator
Reaction score
[shouldve mentioned this earlier, but oh well] I guess the biggest part of it all is the aggravation or annoyance it gives you since even though the points might not mean much you usually try to get points and get happy when you recieve a nice amount of points, no? Losing a large amount of them due to death simply because you have a higher ranking kinda sounds unfair, especially if points dont determine skill and the likes, since in that case you shouldnt really lose more than someone of a lower rank, no?

SC_Swag

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Points don't matter, if you are getting that mad about them remember that video games are for your entertainment and if you are getting that mad about some stupid points its time to take a break.

Why do you refer to points as rank, the real way people get ranked is by wins.
Points gained or lost is you lose 5% of what u had when you die. You gain 5% of the person's points you kill.
All seems fair to me.

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
You lose five percent of your total points each death, if it's a combat based death. In this game, the points mean nothing and serve no purpose other than waving them in someones face pretending that your points is equivalent to your skill. Play the games to have fun. This is not a competition. The point system is fine how it is. Any change to it won't affect gameplay much, but the community would be outraged because how dare they change anything.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
If it just kepted stacking additionally, every player would have millions of points each, making the system even more pointless. If it was just +5, -5 each kill and death it would be very easy to sustain, it is sooo easy just to kill one person a match to keep it the same, let alone an average of 3-9.

aussieentice

Career
Reaction score
Although I love the story points don't matter, but if you do want to get high amounts of points just don't be a noob....
GG

_zeX99_

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Here's a simple solution: get better at the game!

Saucycmeister

Platinum
Reaction score
The more points you have, The more points you lose.

But seriously, Did you really need to make an essay about how you lost points? 0.o

spencer54325

Survivor
Reaction score
Imagine this:

You've got full iron armor, a shiny diamond sword, a load of golden apples and a quiver full of arrows for the bow you're oh so good with. You run down a hill and run into a team of three guys decked out in good armor and nice swords. They get a glimpse at you and as you flint and steel them in your defense and fight your hardest. One died from the final strike and man, are you happy! You managed to kill him for 10 points, another 10 which would bring your total rank up to your new high of 600! Finally, your rank keeps on growing!you’ve delivered and the other two close in on you as you try your best to repel them. poof, you've died~

Damn it! You curse loudly and smash your mouse onto your desk in a fit of range. You've killed a good 5 tributes that game, the great warrior you are, most of them only giving you five to ten points. But now you've finally died and lost points. You look at the keyboard to see how bad the damage is. OUCH! You've lost 40 points. Damn! 45 points that bring your ranking further down than it was before you started. Ugh. There goes that good streak you had. You type /hub to leave and try to find another game. You get into a server with your favorite map on it! You've got a great route, you know where all the Tier 2s are, and you've won on it before several times. Yay, you know you’ll do great and you’re feeling aggressive and ready to fight. You go to corn to try and grab up a sword to fight and as you’re running away you tangle into a fight with someone with half iron armor and a stone sword. Damn it, another 40 points lost. You smash your mouse again, all your hard work gone to dust!

The amount of points you get for each kill compared to the amount you lose for dying once is so unfair! You try your hardest each and every game and each kill nets you five or so points, only occasionally do you get more from killing someone. Maybe 20 or 30 if you’re lucky- Maybe ONCE you got 70 or so back when you were a young noob who luckily killed a bigger fish. For all those kills you get you lose a huge amount of your current rank. If you’re around 400-500 you’ll lose 20, if 600 you’ll lose 30, and if you have about 1000 points, you'll lose up to 80 points for dying, even after you've hauled all the way to deathmatch and then died by a team. It’s so aggravating and annoying to do so good and lose all the points you've worked for just because of dying. Either give more for killing or take less for dying, hell, give someone multipliers after a few kills or an extra bonus for living until deathmatch! It’s just so unfair.

Here’s a nice case, one that happened to me. On a few nights playing straight through the wee hours of the morning- I've managed to bring my ranking up from 420 to 1234! 1234, man am I happy from that streak of wins and kills I got. I continue playing and for the next week I get killed randomly or from teams, anything, I die somehow, and then I lose all my points! The ones I'vetried OH SO HARD to get and they’re all gone. My ranking dipped all the way down to 356, each time I've promised myself not to go below 700 or 600, and I’m now hanging at the great rank of 413. It’s so frustrating to lose so much no matter how much kills I get or how many times I get to deathmatch with full iron only to die! It’s simply annoying, aggravating, and even unfair and discouraging.

Thanks for taking the time to read , ladies and gentlemen [and everyone else out there ;) ]. I just think something should be done about such an unbalanced aspect of gameplay.

I agree with you totally, I had 1200poins then I kept getting killed when I had no weapon, is so annoying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci