• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Should BetterSprint be Allowed?

Should it be unbanned?

• Yes

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters

Edog

Platinum
Reaction score
Does Optifine help you in hand to hand combat? No. Does having a key that lets you sprint without trying help in combat, while others may fail, I believe so. Just my opinion, I am done answering peeps.
lol

Evermore

Career
Reaction score
MCSG is stubbornly reluctant to change this particular rule because they are still salty over the whole BSM issue back three years ago, in which they ultimately lost. :)

spook

Platinum
Reaction score
Does Optifine help you in hand to hand combat? No. Does having a key that lets you sprint without trying help in combat, while others may fail, I believe so. Just my opinion, I am done answering peeps.
> Has 0/33 legacy
> Has 1/52 Solo SG
> Has 0/5 current stats
Yeah... for someone like you it might be an issue keeping your finger on the sprint key, but for the people of MCSG with slight competence, all ToggleSprint grants us with is convenience. There is no advantage whatsoever. If two very evenly skilled players fought and one was using ToggleSneak and one wasn't, the results would not differ due to ToggleSprint. Every wonder why every other pvp server I can think of allows it? No advantage. Just convenience.

N0va

Survivor
Reaction score
I'm neither for or against this topic, nor do I condone using this to break the rules.
I will say one thing however, but I'll most likely come off a bit dense :p

Such mod gives a disadvantage to others for whatever reason.
If all players had it, it cancels it out, as all players have that advantage.
Not to mention it's how you execute it (which shouldn't be that hard)

iRocki

Career
Reaction score
You could argue this but as for me I think it is an unfair advantage.

ImTheNarwhal

District 13
Reaction score
Personally, I know mac users can pretty much make a ghetto version of this by just setting it up in their controls. I don't believe it has much more of an unfair advantage than the zoom and no fog in Optifine. I have no problem bringing it up in a staff meeting if you guys feel strongly enough about it.

SolarEclipse

Diamond
Reaction score
Personally, I know mac users can pretty much make a ghetto version of this by just setting it up in their controls. I don't believe it has much more of an unfair advantage than the zoom and no fog in Optifine. I have no problem bringing it up in a staff meeting if you guys feel strongly enough about it.
Pls do

ImJellyfish

Platinum
Reaction score
Ok you guys are most likely never going to allow this mod(s) because were stuck in the dark ages here.

Firstly Mcgamer might as well allow it It benefits no one at all by banning it and just makes your server harder to access and less likely for new players from different servers to play. most of those players might not even know that bsm/togglesneak is banned as imo its a globally allowed mod for most networks.

Secondly the bsm check is useless with mods like toggle sneak and hacked client bypass this check rendering it useless and could cause more people to hack just so they can use the mod. This is why you should just allow it like everyone else and stop being a outcast network. think about it, why would i want to play on mcgamer where i must relog in a new client just to play by some outdated rules that were fine pre 1.6.

Lets name every big server that bans bsm/togglesneak
  • MCGamer
Finally Bsm/toggle sneak are becoming more widely used as servers allow them. they are allowing them because it has no effect on the game and its easy to install. pre 1.6 mods were hard to install. now there are 1 click installers some mods that do this are optifine and labysmod (that also 1click installs other mods) hell even hacked client are easier to install. but one main reason you should be allowing bsm/togglesneak is because someone could suffer from RSI from sustaining a awkward position just to hold their sprint button.

Now please explain why this mod is still banned it does not benefit anyone. just make the users experience of your network worse

Its like the thing with uhc essentials. its a essential mod for uhc players why would i want to play on a network that banned the essential mod to my game. its like banning optifine because you can see players before they can see you. bsm/toggle sneak has become a essential mod (kinda) of pvp. Is a new player going to know that their essential mod is banned

ChadTheDJ what is your verdict

Last edited:

Tropical

Tribute
Reaction score
hola bump.

come on mcsg time to Ultimate Fishing Rod Of Doom do what the community wants. Stop trying to keep the community safe. BSM does Ultimate Fishing Rod Of Doom nothing thats gameplay related. It doesn't make it your clicks faster.

Tired of Chad and the staff doing nothing. How about what the COMMUNITY wants. This is why everyone is going to badlion (including me). Chad does zip Good for this server. He doesn't even Ultimate Fishing Rod Of Doom look at suggestions. On the other hand, all other servers care about what users want.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci