• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Should BetterSprint be Allowed?

Should it be unbanned?

• Yes

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters

Tropical

Tribute
Reaction score
Not sprinting, bind keys for sprinting, while people have to do extras to sprint, yes it's an unfair advantage.
In default Minecraft, you can keybind a sprint also.
The only difference between BSM and default is that BSM you only hit the key once.
There's legit no advantage at all.

Cameron

Diamond
Reaction score
you clearly don't know what you're talking about
Probably because most of us have never downloaded the mod since we mainly play MCGamer, in which BSM is prohibited.

Idk BSM has always been an iffy topic but it all depends on how Chad and the admin team feel about BSM being allowed. Gamma was recently allowed so I don't think it's too far fetched.

T0M

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
If you wanted to use a toggle sprint you could use a macro, if you wanted to be banned..

Tahsin

Career
Reaction score
To be honest, BSM does not give that higher of an advantage to players using it compared to players using the default Minecraft sprint key. However, seeing as it does actually toggle your sprint, you could count that as being a very big advantage for players who mess up their sprinting.
However, to counter-attack that, you could just say that Optifine has a big advantage over players who lag in FPS and the same goes for gamma for players who have low brightness and can't see in caves.
From what I can judge, I personally believe that BSM does not give that big of an advantage and the topic itself should certainly be revisited in terms of how much of an advantage it actually gives.
Nevertheless, it is not my place to determine whether this Mod does give an advantage or not - it is in fact the Administrative team that would deal with that.

Borderline

Gold
Reaction score
He has 50 posts LOL
Joined nine months ago, I remember when it was near impossible to get mod if you were that new...lol
My post on the forums doesn't represent anything, and the binding keys is the problem, nor did I ever say it was a critical difference. As Tahsin said, it's unfair to those who has issues with sprinting.

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
My post on the forums doesn't represent anything, and the binding keys is the problem, nor did I ever say it was a critical difference. As Tahsin said, it's unfair to those who has issues with sprinting.
Optifine is unfair to those with fps issues

Borderline

Gold
Reaction score
Optifine is unfair to those with fps issues
That's completely different, FPS is a computer issue, using binding keys to make yourself better at the game is different. As I could have incredible FPS, but still suck at SG.

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
That's completely different, FPS is a computer issue, using binding keys to make yourself better at the game is different. As I could have incredible FPS, but still suck at SG.
1. You can bind sprint by default
2. You could have BSM and suck at SG
3. BSM doesn't make you better

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci