• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Rugged Lands Easter Eggs's now a kick able offense.

domefix2

Spectator
Reaction score
The people in charge of the map selection were unaware these items existed. The rules are clear, no overpowered items are allowed on any map.
As it will give an unfair advantage to anyone to anyone who possesses them.
It's a similar situation to a recently removed map. Without naming the map/creators.. The said map had a ridiculous amount on OP items that the map makers placed to give them easy wins.

Now that the staff are aware of the items on Rugged lands, they will be removed.
However its more complicated than you'd think to edit a map. so until the fix has been pushed out anyone seen with these items will be kicked.
You're right some players won't know they're doing wrong.. But after the first kick they'll get the hint.

Firstly, this gives me a really bad impression on the way in which MCSG maps are selected. As much as I generally think that the quality of the maps isn't as bad as many make it out to me, it makes me wonder how little research MCSG puts into researching a map before putting it onto the servers.

Also, I still don't understand why this is happening now. Rugged Lands has been on the servers for a long time now and it has always had all of these items. No-one has been complaining and while it does affect gameplay, it has been doing so for a while without a huge effect. Instead of just waiting for them to be removed, MCSG has now further complicated a situation which is going to be fixed anyway. In my opinion all this is doing is making the servers look bad.

Philly67

Platinum
Reaction score
Firstly, this gives me a really bad impression on the way in which MCSG maps are selected. As much as I generally think that the quality of the maps isn't as bad as many make it out to me, it makes me wonder how little research MCSG puts into researching a map before putting it onto the servers.

Also, I still don't understand why this is happening now. Rugged Lands has been on the servers for a long time now and it has always had all of these items. No-one has been complaining and while it does affect gameplay, it has been doing so for a while without a huge effect. Instead of just waiting for them to be removed, MCSG has now further complicated a situation which is going to be fixed anyway. In my opinion all this is doing is making the servers look bad.

Little research?
It's almost impossible to check for all the hidden secrets a map can hold. It's so easy to place a hidden item, such as the diamond sword on Wyvern's Wake. A map thats been out for months that I was a part of building. We had no idea someone placed it there.

The reason the OP items on Rugged Lands haven't been removed yet is because they were unknown by the powers that be. Once they were aware they removed the items. We're just waiting for the update to be pushed out.
The developers have to wait for the right time to push out the updates as they'd need to take down all the servers for a while to do so. So they have to plan it. It can't just be done straight away.

And yes, many have complained about the OP items on Rugged lands and other maps. All of which the staff are trying their bests to deal with.
One map that was recently removed due to OP items, the creators didn't want to remove the items so the map was just simply removed.

Tal_Pal

Platinum
Reaction score
To put it simply, it is not our job to search every single new map for op items. It is hard enough for us to tier the maps let alone look through every container for op items. It's the job of the map makers to make sure none are put in. IF we find an op item on a map, the map creator/creators are punished if it was in fact them. there are several maps that have furnaces and such for decoration like along the roads or part of buildings and we literally don't have the time to look through each furnace, chest, trap, chest, and dispenser. if we did that, tiering a map would take days. If we have complications with the map like there are too many op items or the map makers will not tel us where they are or we can not find them, the map will be removed.

Removing items and editing maps is a hard and long process. mods sr. mods and admins have to take time to go in and edit the map and take out the items. setting up maps takes even longer and having to also look through every furnace/chest or even having to find every furnace/chest is too hard. We don't find out about the op items until sometimes quite a wile after the map has been release because the op items are either very hard to find or we don't get told about them because people don't want the item removed. then if we do find out about it, sometimes we don't know where it is on the map so we have to look for it.

S

ShadowMasterZ

But are these items really OP? o_O

This is the one thing I don't understand, there are so many different ways as to avoiding getting killed from them, as I explained in my last post.

I can understand that it seems like the corn on Rugged Lands is built specifically for the hobo stick, but why do you have to go to the cornucopia while someone is near it. It's not like there isn't an easy way to avoid getting killed by a hobostick, as you can easily just go down a side path, while someone isn't looking.

Other than the knockback, which you can avoid getting killed by, the hobostick is a weak weapon, as it only does one heart. And Creepy thinking it does 2, makes me think that he is unaware of its true powers.
It has sharpness 1, as in only half a heart more than your fist, which is nothing.

The regen potions can result in being OP in situations in combat, but are in its way also avoidable, by simple running.

I don't see how the staff thinks that these items are OP. In my sense, OP items, as in 'overpowered' items are 80% unavoidable, unlike both of these items.

Tl;dr:
-Why are these items considered OP?
-I personally think the people which complained(as the staff said that there were some) are unaware of the ways of avoiding the items.

domefix2

Spectator
Reaction score
Little research?
It's almost impossible to check for all the hidden secrets a map can hold. It's so easy to place a hidden item, such as the diamond sword on Wyvern's Wake. A map thats been out for months that I was a part of building. We had no idea someone placed it there.

The reason the OP items on Rugged Lands haven't been removed yet is because they were unknown by the powers that be. Once they were aware they removed the items. We're just waiting for the update to be pushed out.
The developers have to wait for the right time to push out the updates as they'd need to take down all the servers for a while to do so. So they have to plan it. It can't just be done straight away.

And yes, many have complained about the OP items on Rugged lands and other maps. All of which the staff are trying their bests to deal with.
One map that was recently removed due to OP items, the creators didn't want to remove the items so the map was just simply removed.

I definitely see where you are coming from on that one point. While I agree that it is difficult to find all items though, the regen potion is still in a pretty simple place. Also, there is obviously something wrong with the way you handle this rule considering so many items such as this still make their way into maps.

Also, I still haven't really received an answer on my second point- why complicate a situation so much when it is easily fixable? I honestly see no point in this happening now. Considering Rugged Lands has been here for so long it would not be a problem just to keep the same rules in the short time it is there until it is removed. All that is going to do is alienate and annoy players.

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
What about the Healing Potion on Valleyside? Should that be a kickable offense?

Happyhose

Diamond
Reaction score
What about the Healing Potion on Valleyside? Should that be a kickable offense?
It isn't a splash, (sorry if it is, haven't played in a while, then ignore what I'm going to say) so it doesn't provide too much of an advantage, because if you are being chased and stop to drink it, then the person can catch up to you and kill you, but if it was a splash, like this one, then you could just do it while running without stopping.

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It isn't a splash, (sorry if it is, haven't played in a while, then ignore what I'm going to say) so it doesn't provide too much of an advantage, because if you are being chased and stop to drink it, then the person can catch up to you and kill you, but if it was a splash, like this one, then you could just do it while running without stopping.
The Regen Potion on Rugged Lands is also drinkable, so the same logic applies.

Philly67

Platinum
Reaction score
I definitely see where you are coming from on that one point. While I agree that it is difficult to find all items though, the regen potion is still in a pretty simple place. Also, there is obviously something wrong with the way you handle this rule considering so many items such as this still make their way into maps.

Also, I still haven't really received an answer on my second point- why complicate a situation so much when it is easily fixable? I honestly see no point in this happening now. Considering Rugged Lands has been here for so long it would not be a problem just to keep the same rules in the short time it is there until it is removed. All that is going to do is alienate and annoy players.
Because the staff simply don't have time to check every single furnace, dispenser, anvil and hopper.
Think how large each map is.. It's an impossible job.

The reason its been there so long is because the powers that be were unaware.
If there are simpler items on other maps then please report them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci