• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Rugged Lands Easter Eggs's now a kick able offense.

M

MrKorrenian

What about the Healing Potion on Valleyside? Should that be a kickable offense?
Well, is it hard to get to? As much as I hear if it has some sort of combo, parkour, or trial to get to it is allowed like the Gift Of Fluctus that you get for completing 2 stages of lava parkour on sg1.

But are these items really OP? o_O

This is the one thing I don't understand, there are so many different ways as to avoiding getting killed from them, as I explained in my last post.

I can understand that it seems like the corn on Rugged Lands is built specifically for the hobo stick, but why do you have to go to the cornucopia while someone is near it. It's not like there isn't an easy way to avoid getting killed by a hobostick, as you can easily just go down a side path, while someone isn't looking.

Other than the knockback, which you can avoid getting killed by, the hobostick is a weak weapon, as it only does one heart. And Creepy thinking it does 2, makes me think that he is unaware of its true powers.
It has sharpness 1, as in only half a heart more than your fist, which is nothing.

The regen potions can result in being OP in situations in combat, but are in its way also avoidable, by simple running.

I don't see how the staff thinks that these items are OP. In my sense, OP items, as in 'overpowered' items are 80% unavoidable, unlike both of these items.

Tl;dr:
-Why are these items considered OP?

-I personally think the people which complained(as the staff said that there were some) are unaware of the ways of avoiding the items.

The stick has its times of being Overpowered. I have been killed because of getting no cheated repeatedly ( Rubberbanded by the knockback ). Which made it close to impossible to escape.

hobo1955

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Okay to clear things up.
The Regen potion was a MISTAKE.
I originally filled the flintstones fridge with SPLASH potions of poison , weakness and a regen pot.
And then a stone sword in the midst. This would mean you'd have to do a dumbledore and take the bad potions to get to the stone sword.
The HoboSticks however , are only really effective on Rugged Lands. They work well but can easily be countered , like using a bow to take out the hobo for example.
I have not intention of eliminating them from MCSG as I love them. We have talked to Dave and figured out ways to implement them without them being overpowered.
For example , on our next map , there will be a "time machine" you can repair by collecting 3 redstone torches around the map and repairing the time machine. Once you this it will lead you into present times to a lab , where you can obtain the HoboStick.
As for Rugged , I don't think it should be removed , but maybe make it harder to get like a parkour or something.
Hobo Out.

_Reevesdrums_

Platinum
Reaction score
Anyone who actually used the potion will tell you it's OP. I killed a dude with a diamond sword and full iron after drinking the potion. I was using a stone sword, he was smashing me, but I would just step back, heal then try combo again until he died.

However, If a player actually got kicked for using a fairly obtainable item, while there is no indication that it would occur if they don't check every forum post, It would be more unfair to that player than anyone else.

What's more OP, a potion or the ability to kick a player who wasn't aware the potion they found was an offence?

Rather than try and give players a rule and hope that every single one will obey it, just fix the problem at its core. It can take time to patch, but it's already been in the game for months without NY serious problem.

Code220

Survivor
Reaction score
I never even heard/saw them. I don't really get on that map but even if I did just out of habit I wouldn't even look twice at a stick for a weapon. I hate it when people get slap happy and that would really annoy me...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci