• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Revival of MCSG

Omar

District 13
Reaction score
Oh look, another one of those threads..

MCSG is dying!1!1!
Fix the anticheat!1!1
The developers do nothing!1!1

Please, for the benefit of those who actually wish this network well, stop posting these stupid threads. God, I am so sick of these cropping up every other day.
fix the stuff then we'll stop complaining. just leave smh.

Jusser

Career
Reaction score
you certainly don't ;) no other gamemode on MCGamer is popular but MCSG. doesn't take a genius.
Just for sake of being devil's advocate, Badlion also continuously adds new gamemodes and then removes them because nobody plays them. Skywars was added (then removed), as was Factions and various Arena PVP modes that were unpopular. They've literally said "we want to become more popular but we have no idea how because the gamemodes we add dont become popular". This problem isn't necessarily unique to MCGamer though it certainly is still a problem

Omar

District 13
Reaction score
I have no power to change anything. Speak with a staff member if you want changes.
ok dont reply to my thread then and say its another one of those mcsg is dying threads.

T0M

Peacekeeper
Reaction score

This also brings me to my other point regarding the development team, which is coming up with a new anticheat. I mean the current anticheat legit does nothing. I’ll be trying to record a video or sweat a win but guess what? A little kid decides to pull a LeafyGreanTea on me and the other participants in the SG round and destroys all of us while flying over our heads and using aimbot/killaura or whatever hackers use these days. I’ve been on many, many small project servers and they have a 10x better anticheat that actually works and manages to kick people who atleast fly or speed hack. PvP based servers like Badlion have gained popularity as they have a working anticheat that is able to detect all types of hacks or unfair advantages such as macros. The development team have done a good job with an anticheat that kicks regen hackers back in the day but now they’ve got to step it up a notch.

Prevention is better than Cure is your point. ChadTheDJ

easy

Tribute
Reaction score
Just for sake of being devil's advocate, Badlion also continuously adds new gamemodes and then removes them because nobody plays them. Skywars was added (then removed), as was Factions and various Arena PVP modes that were unpopular. They've literally said "we want to become more popular but we have no idea how because the gamemodes we add dont become popular". This problem isn't necessarily unique to MCGamer though it certainly is still a problem
Just shut up... Badlion is 10 times better than mcsg.

Jusser

Career
Reaction score
Just shut up... Badlion is 10 times better than mcsg.
Aww, butthurt? Sorry for dissing your server just like you are dissing this one. Badlion IS better than mcgamer (I'm a staff member there) but it doesn't mean it is flawless

BitoBain

Career
Reaction score
Hey if y'all are sick of the rant threads, don't post on them. Treat them like the good old "Where's Huahwi Is He Dead???" threads and just ignore them.

But this one is different from most. It's sparking some pretty good discussion.

Valethar

Career
Reaction score
He doesn't deserve mod and almost all his messages came from spamming forum games smart one
You know, mod duties can include you know, other things rather than posting on the forums?
Yeesh.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Well, I'm glad to know that people still know how to create forum alts and flame the living bejeezus out of people behind a fake name. It's fun deleting posts.

Okay, again. I'd be delighted to write a more comprehensive response for y'all so that's what is going to happen. Here is what happens with threads that provide criticism to the network, I've seen and responded to hundreds of these at this point and it's quite simple to detect patterns of how these threads go.

First, there is NOTHING wrong with providing ideas of what is wanted on the network. If people didn't point things out that they saw wrong, the people who make the decisions of the direction of the network would not be able to see what the general consensus is on what needs to be fixed.

Now this is where people get angry at responses like mine above because apparently it's "so blazingly obvious that the staff listens to nothing". But is it really?

No.

I saw a plethora of responses stating that MCGamer should drop all focus on mini games and expansion gamemodes and focus on what is done best and eBay people want, SG and PvP.

Right, okay. In June, along with the Community Update, around 5-7 of the underplayed AntVenom gamemodes WERE removed because they hardly got any player traffic. Deadly Descent and Survival Bingo were kept because they had enough player support to consistently have one to two hundred players online at peak times (when that data was observed) therefore they were kept.

Reducing focus from outside things that don't get large support bases? Check.

So MCGamer doesn't focus on what's important? Oh, right. Starting out as a Survival Games server, the player base evolved around competitive play. Support for a Solo gamemode began notably with jonnysurvives' thread in July 2014, and continued through the spring of 2015 until it became prominent to the administration & development team that such a gamemode would definitely arise interest and keep support. Hence a Solo SG gamemode was put into the works and released in the summer.

Then, six months later came one of the most impressive development feats I've seen on this network and of many others, MCSG Maker. Combining everyone's favorite classic SG with private customization options for our largely supported Clan Scene and players looking for an interesting and different SG experience.

So, I'm not sure where the claims come from that there is no focus on capitalizing on the building blocks of our network. We're a survival games based network that had created three separate survival games gamemodes including a Kit FFA gamemode that has incredible potential for expansion, which may be taken advantage of quite soon. It's also rather convenient that those saying we don't focus on our best parts happily left out the three separate SG gamemodes.

And going back to the point of those other gamemodes, what's wrong with having them there? They still get an alright player base that enjoys playing them, and they aren't harming anyone. I mean, it's not like we're going to run out of servers haha.

I'm sure many people also love to draw out the fact that we weren't the first on board to have an AntiCheat that checked for a variety of forms of closet cheating. What I can say now is that there have been no reported false positives on our AntiCheat at all, all bans it has filed have been for solid checks. Plus, there is still more work to be done, so expect it to be more advanced on its function of stopping and restricting cheaters ingame and detecting them and punishing them.

And my last point, some people really need to find their chill. Look, all of us here care for the network, if we didn't, we wouldn't be here. There are no grounds to attack anyone who has a different opinion than you, that's simple and universal immaturity. If you think the staff team is doing something wrong, point it out! If there's something wrong, we need to know. What's not okay, however, is openly attacking your fellow players. It makes you look bad, makes everyone angrier, and solves NOTHING!

Please, please take it from me as a member of this community and do what's best for all of us and be more respectful of everyone and let's work together to find the best ways to improve. Cool? :)

Texanz

Platinum
Reaction score
Well, I'm glad to know that people still know how to create forum alts and flame the living bejeezus out of people behind a fake name. It's fun deleting posts.

Okay, again. I'd be delighted to write a more comprehensive response for y'all so that's what is going to happen. Here is what happens with threads that provide criticism to the network, I've seen and responded to hundreds of these at this point and it's quite simple to detect patterns of how these threads go.

First, there is NOTHING wrong with providing ideas of what is wanted on the network. If people didn't point things out that they saw wrong, the people who make the decisions of the direction of the network would not be able to see what the general consensus is on what needs to be fixed.

Now this is where people get angry at responses like mine above because apparently it's "so blazingly obvious that the staff listens to nothing". But is it really?

No.

I saw a plethora of responses stating that MCGamer should drop all focus on mini games and expansion gamemodes and focus on what is done best and eBay people want, SG and PvP.

Right, okay. In June, along with the Community Update, around 5-7 of the underplayed AntVenom gamemodes WERE removed because they hardly got any player traffic. Deadly Descent and Survival Bingo were kept because they had enough player support to consistently have one to two hundred players online at peak times (when that data was observed) therefore they were kept.

Reducing focus from outside things that don't get large support bases? Check.

So MCGamer doesn't focus on what's important? Oh, right. Starting out as a Survival Games server, the player base evolved around competitive play. Support for a Solo gamemode began notably with jonnysurvives' thread in July 2014, and continued through the spring of 2015 until it became prominent to the administration & development team that such a gamemode would definitely arise interest and keep support. Hence a Solo SG gamemode was put into the works and released in the summer.

Then, six months later came one of the most impressive development feats I've seen on this network and of many others, MCSG Maker. Combining everyone's favorite classic SG with private customization options for our largely supported Clan Scene and players looking for an interesting and different SG experience.

So, I'm not sure where the claims come from that there is no focus on capitalizing on the building blocks of our network. We're a survival games based network that had created three separate survival games gamemodes including a Kit FFA gamemode that has incredible potential for expansion, which may be taken advantage of quite soon. It's also rather convenient that those saying we don't focus on our best parts happily left out the three separate SG gamemodes.

And going back to the point of those other gamemodes, what's wrong with having them there? They still get an alright player base that enjoys playing them, and they aren't harming anyone. I mean, it's not like we're going to run out of servers haha.

I'm sure many people also love to draw out the fact that we weren't the first on board to have an AntiCheat that checked for a variety of forms of closet cheating. What I can say now is that there have been no reported false positives on our AntiCheat at all, all bans it has filed have been for solid checks. Plus, there is still more work to be done, so expect it to be more advanced on its function of stopping and restricting cheaters ingame and detecting them and punishing them.

And my last point, some people really need to find their chill. Look, all of us here care for the network, if we didn't, we wouldn't be here. There are no grounds to attack anyone who has a different opinion than you, that's simple and universal immaturity. If you think the staff team is doing something wrong, point it out! If there's something wrong, we need to know. What's not okay, however, is openly attacking your fellow players. It makes you look bad, makes everyone angrier, and solves NOTHING!

Please, please take it from me as a member of this community and do what's best for all of us and be more respectful of everyone and let's work together to find the best ways to improve. Cool? :)
Why do you staff space out each paragraph? It kind of makes me confused.... Are you just trying to fill a whole page in or something? And "No." Isn't a paragraph..... btw.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci