• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Revamped /disguise command!

hiyourHD

Diamond
Reaction score
Bug: When you do /disguise when you talk in chat in lobby your points show up

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
I myself am a gold donor, and I don't find it necessary for such a rank, some goes with diamond donor, it can be useful at times but is not exactly needed. Although for all ranks above donor, I understand why it was implemented.
A few days ago, someone had a 24 hour livestream. They were targeted and 'Stream-Sniped' throughout at least 4 hours of it, in the main part of the day. They were only diamond donor. If they had the /d command, they might not have been targeted as easily.
Bug: When you do /disguise when you talk in chat in lobby your points show up
This will be changed so your points are randomized somewhere between 0 and 500, the Devs are working on it. Names will also be more random, and skins won't all be Steve's (I think they said that somewhere.)

mr_pendle

Diamond
Reaction score
So this is basically the Johanna Mason tactic? Act nooby so people don't go for you then kill them. It worked really well for me today! Also there should be a disguise as a bacca follower/Joey fangurl. eg. /d - You are disguised as JoeyGraceffalover123 Or Bacca4lyfe999

hiyourHD

Diamond
Reaction score
Its Sad How i only bought diamond donor for this but i love it ;):)

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
Being targeted off spawn makes it more like the actual Hunger Games (ii.e. the Careers).

I can't say I haven't abused this command though. Going under a different name and then trolling the living daylights out of some Steve knocks my socks off everytime lawl :)

¡Sam!

Diamond
Reaction score
May I suggest some different usernames? The ones that are currently in rotation are pretty easy to spot, it's pretty much two words and a number. ex: sileyrummy24
I think some more creative usernames might help a little more in disguising our members.
Just a suggestion.

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
May I suggest some different usernames? The ones that are currently in rotation are pretty easy to spot, it's pretty much two words and a number. ex: sileyrummy24
I think some more creative usernames might help a little more in disguising our members.
Just a suggestion.
Yes, there are improvements being made, no worries :p

DannyMan725

Experienced
Reaction score
Can I ask how the point system will work? Since using the disguise command also changes your points. You will lose your real amount of points right?

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Can I ask how the point system will work? Since using the disguise command also changes your points. You will lose your real amount of points right?
You should lose the proper amount of points, according to how many you really actually had. Otherwise it would make it too easy to get and keep thousands of points.

JoelJCE

Career
Reaction score
They can still be recorded, and there might be some sort of history to see who used what name..?
The first thing you said with a way of looking up the history is a big IF. I think we can both agree that it'll be harder to catch hackers; Good idea, just somethings need to be fixed.
Staff can track all instances when /disguise is used, much the same as we can track all chat logs from any server from multiple months ago. To report a disguised user, you simply report them the way you would any regular user. The process doesn't change. Staff members will figure out the username of player using disguise, and if they're found to be breaking the rules a punishment will be enforced on their regular account.
My only concern is I have seen a moderator using GM while disguised, and a couple other moderators moderating chat. This could be very confusing, especially to players not familiar with the /disguise command.
I let them know about the possibility of this happening on the night the command was released to the public. It'll be fixed. I'm glad someone was thinking the same thing I was! :]

Last edited:

AngelicSwift

Tribute
Reaction score
What i think after playing many games of mcsg is that the /disguise command alias is quite obvious and when like a diamond donor leaves and immediately after that a iron donor who has a very weird name, it is quite obvious that the diamond donor has used /disguise.

Maybe allow the diamond donor to silent leave after they use /disguise and their disguise to have a random amount of points ( as once i saw a disguise with 15k points which made it very obvious).

This command makes a lot of steves appear in servers ><.
just a suggestion: Maybe allow the disguises to have a random skin (?)

Other then that, /disguise is AWESOME. just need to get diamond donor now -.-

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci