• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SURVIVAL GAMES Red Forest 3: Fallen Haven

Fallen Haven

• Ermagerd

Votes: 85 40.7%
  • nubs

Votes: 32 15.3%
  • erma-faints-

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • I am secretly a lizard

Votes: 80 38.3%

• Total voters

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
There are some materials that are a bit overused, and there's a lot of flat land. Other than that, it looks great!
We decided to go for a building dominated map rather than terraforming map, we already have maps on the servers like rugged lands and sg3 which are very much terraforming dominated, so this gives a change in gameplay. with the materials, we wanted to go solidly for that very clean futuristic look, thats why we predominantly use quartz in this build
Edit- @CaptButterToast I added a link to some shaders pics but they are from midway through the build, I will get some more current ones done tonight

Last edited:
Reaction score
Here are a few suggestions of how to improve this map because at the moment it isn't anywhere near as good as your other maps.

In the pic all the area is just flat quartz. It would be nice to add block variation eg stained clay. Also the map is too flat, I suggest you play around with levels. The areas seperated by the rivers could be at different hieghts connected by bridges. The builds also feel a bit isolated so you could fill out the map with smaller 1/2 story buildings.

Hope this helps :)

Last edited:

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
Here are a few suggestions of how to improve this map because at the moment it isn't anywhere near as good as your other maps.

Ok I have badly rebuilt pic 8 as there isn't a download but it will do for my purposes.

In the pic all the area is just flat quartz. You need to add block variation eg stained clay. Also the map is too flat, I suggest you play around with levels (see below) The areas seperated by the rivers could be at different hieghts connected by bridges. The builds also feel a bit isolated so you should fill out the map with smaller 1/2 story buildings.

Hope this helps :)
Thankyou for the suggestion, but we will be keeping the map as it is, we chose to keep everything on the same level to help the gameplay element, it is supposed to be something different and varied and should help people get around the map quickly, also we did not want to cramp the map with extra buildings, the main 4 buildings have 17 floors each, so thats 68 floors just in the main 4 buildings. There are many more buildings on the surface and a huge area under the surface of the map (will get better screenshots)

Lovelights

Platinum
Reaction score
The builds look fantastic, so kudos to you! However my only critique is that it seems a bit too flat and too open, which can be good for PvP, but I feel more terraforming would compliment the amazing builds :D But good work regardless!

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
The builds look fantastic, so kudos to you! However my only critique is that it seems a bit too flat and too open, which can be good for PvP, but I feel more terraforming would compliment the amazing builds :D But good work regardless!
Thanks lovelights <3 we may change the map a little but our aim was to do a very open and flat map as the idea is for players to focus on the buildings and going under the map rather than spending time traversing mountains, we will use more terraforming in our later maps :3

dq

District 13
Reaction score
Eh.

Jk, my sign better be there, or I'm coming after you, Tree_TheBigLiar

Rebound4

Career
Reaction score
Wish ik new what on the poll meant

"OMG THIS IS FREAKING AMAZING CHAD STAFF PPLZ ADD THIS NOW OR I KILL U"

But yeah never mind, went for lizard thingy instead.

GREAT job guys!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
Wish ik new what on the poll meant

"OMG THIS IS FREAKING AMAZING CHAD STAFF PPLZ ADD THIS NOW OR I KILL U"

But yeah never mind, went for lizard thingy instead.

GREAT job guys!!!!!!!!!!! :D
don't worry its just me sussing out who is a lizard... interesting...

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
If you were going with the "Futuristic City" theme, people are going to compare this with Teweran SG3. And no offense, but Teweran SG3 is built much better than this. With this map, the builds lack block variation, which is needed on such large towers. I also feel that the map has too much open space, and although this does allow better gameplay, it makes the overall look of the map not that great, as it doesn't follow the theme. So I would suggest adding more builds, so it has more of a "city" feel and some block variation.

I would also like to mention that this map, unlike other Red Forest maps, is not unique. The theme has already been done with Teweran SG3. If you notice, no two maps on these servers share the same theme. For this reason, I don't think this map should be added.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci