• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Quarter Quells

MCSG Quarter Quell: Yay or nay?

• Yay!

Votes: 25 96.2%
  • Nay! [If selected, please state why]

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

Old_Spice_

Platinum
Reaction score
Hello guys,

Normally, I am not a huge person with feature suggestions, but this suggestion I have has been grinding my gears and I want to show you all:

Quarter Quells.

One thing MCSG lacks and I think would be fun to implement is quarter quells, as sometimes the game can get a big boring, despite all the new features and maps being added.

In case you are not familiar with the Hunger Games, the Quarter Quell is an event held each 25 years the hunger games is hosted in the book. The Quarter Quell puts a twist in that tame. Examples include:

-The 50th year 48 tributes were selected compared to the normal 24.
-The 75th year, in which the movie Catching Fire highlights, previous victors are chosen as the tributes.

So, after thinking about this for a while, I thought I would share you how this would work.

How will the servers be selected for the Quarter Quells?

• Rotations.
    Every 25 games on a server, the Quarter Quell games will be chosen. Each server will have it's rotation, and once it comes, players will be notified either in-lobby or in-game about how this game is the Quarter Quell and what this one will feature.

Once a server with a quarter quell match comes up, a server on the hub will be broadcasted as following:

[MC Gamer] A Quarter Quell match is beginning! Join [US 1] to play a Quarter Quell match!
What kinds of events will be held in the Quarter Quells?

I've come up with several ideas on how different Quarter Quell games. What I would like to happen is when the Quarter Quell games come, the server will randomly select a feature for the games. Here are a few of my suggestions. If you have one, feel free to leave it here and if I like it, or others like it, I'll add it!
  • Double-bounty games. All the tributes will gain or loose double the bounty that they would in a regular game. Example: If you killed Player A, and you gained 5 points, you would gain ten if you played on a double-bounty game. You also loose double the points as well.
  • Starvation games.
    Food in these games is scarce and non-worthy. They will only spawn in tier 2s, and all you can get is either bread, raw chicken, or rotten flesh. However, food such as steak, porkchops, and apples will spawn in tier 3s. This creates a tough and uncomfortable environment as food will have to be managed wisely.
  • Hardcore Games.
    This maps spawns hostile mobs on the hard difficulty. Now, you have to fight off mobs and players. What makes this even more challenging is that the mobs can only be killed by players. They won't burn in sunlight, drown in lava, or fall to their deaths. They also have the chance of spawning in raw daylight, and spawning a lot more frequently at night.
  • Tracker Games.
    Even though compasses are a part of the "No-No" suggestions, an interesting Quarter Quell twist would give players compasses 10 minutes into the match that point to their nearest target. They can toggle between players if they wish.
  • Secondary Weapon Games.
    Only secondary weapons can be used in this. Secondary weapons include Flint and Steel, Bows, and Fishing Rods. Crafting weapons is disabled.
  • Ultra Hardcore Games.The only way to regenerate health is by eating a golden apple, and spawn has a very small beacon with regeneration, taking perhaps a minute to regenerate. Regenerating half a heart is also possible by eating. Mobs will spawn, as well, just like hardcore.
  • Apocalypse Games.At midnight, the server will select 1 to three current spectators whom have died in the game can return as zombies with their player head equipped. They will spawn in the pedestals, but have Slowness 1 and cannot open chests nor pick up items. They as well are immune to hunger. They are equipped with wooden axes only. They have 5 minutes before they will be despawned. For every kill these zombies get, they gain 5 points.
  • Blood Bath Games.
    The only weapons on the map spawn in the cornucopia , where there is 16 chests instead of 8. Each chest is guaranteed a weapon (NOTE that a bow is a separate weapon to arrows ). This would influence sponsorship as a key factor in the games.
  • Bio-Weapon Games.
    A potion called bio-weapon will spawn in the cornucopia once. When the weapon is tossed anywhere, every living player drops down to five hearts. However, in return, the player who deals the bio-weapon also looses seven hearts so the weapon is not OP. Tier 1 chests have a small chance of spawning Nano-virus weapons, which deal each player three hearts and the "sender" five.
The games would run as normal, just with these new implemented features. Only a few things would be changed, including:
  • New/updated messages in-chat. (Example: Player A has won the Quarter Quell!)
  • Information message during lobby about the Quarter Quell:
  • [MCSG] This match is a Quarter Quell match. The rules for the [Hardcore Games] are:
  • [MCSG] Hostile Mobs will spawn on hard difficulty.
  • [MCSG] Mobs will spawn in sunlight.
  • [MCSG] The only way for mobs to be killed is by players.
  • [MCSG] For detailed information, type: /qq Hardcore Info
The command /qq <Quarter Quell Game Name> Info gives information about that specific game. It can be used on any SG server whenever. /qq list can also give a list of the gamemodes as well.

Let me hear your feedback! I spent more than an hour thinking and typing this up, so a lot of feedback and suggestions about it would be appreciated. Thanks for reading!

-Old_Spice_

Last edited:

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
I like the idea overall, but some of things you suggested would just make the game stupid. You're searching for chests secluded from others, safe and sound, and all of a sudden someone comes out of nowhere because of there compass.

Old_Spice_

Platinum
Reaction score
I like the idea overall, but some of things you suggested would just make the game stupid. You're searching for chests secluded from others, safe and sound, and all of a sudden someone comes out of nowhere because of there compass.
Yeah, I'll admit some of them are cheesy, I couldn't think of some of the best ideas, which is why I'm taking ideas from you guys as well.

Burtry

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Maybe a game with no regen and no gapples. Therefore you can't regen no matter what.

ThisJKid

Diamond
Reaction score
Well if you know that it's a tracker game, you wouldn't loot chests safe and sound. The game would cause players to be more cautious and weary of their actions.

Old_Spice_

Platinum
Reaction score
Well if you know that it's a tracker game, you wouldn't loot chests safe and sound. The game would cause players to be more cautious and weary of their actions.
Yeah, there's two sides to one story. I'm still in my own debate whether I should keep the compass idea as a suggestion xD

10 minutes before deathmatch would seem interesting, or maybe compasses would be found in tier 2 or 3s.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci