• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Punishment for words such as "ez" and "rekt"

Should punishment due to disrespect be enforced more thoroughly?

• Total voters

ViolentKitten

Platinum
Reaction score
I've gotten that same message from staff members when I reported for those reasons, however have not seen any action taken. (No leaderboard rank removal) I would like to know what the staff policy is on this.

Last edited:

Lucidictive

Diamond
Reaction score
I've gotten that same message from staff members when I reported for those reasons, however have not seen any action taken. (No leaderboard rank removal) I would what the staff policy is on this.
The only time a leaderboard rank would be removed would be in a permanent ban. Abuse bans go like this,

First Offence: 1 day ban OR 1 hour, depends on the level of offence
Second Offence: 3 day ban
Third Offence: 7 days
Fourth: permanent.

IF I CAN RECALL CORRECTLY.

Don't take that as a complete 'for sure' thing. I know I have 3 abuse bans and my next one is permanent though.

Cinci | Kame

Platinum
Reaction score
Honestly, I feel that some people are taking this a little too far. Yes it is annoying when someone says rekt or gg10 and stuff, but I don't think annoyance should equal a ban. If its just one game, get over it and move on. I don't think people should get banned for being "offensive" when what they are saying is not honestly that offensive. If someone says your easy to beat, it's that person's opinion and just ignore it. I mean if we have to start banning people for saying stuff that could be taken offensive, then we have to ban "gg" because that also annoys people. Also "gf" can be taken another way than good fight. I guess my point is, if you the person isn't saying something morally wrong or is just being over confident, just do /hub and go to the next game, or do something else.

Don't take that as a complete 'for sure' thing. I know I have 3 abuse bans and my next one is permanent though.
Dang, can you get any of them removed? That sucks....

Skellie

Experienced
Reaction score
Keep in mind that I said that AT LEAST a mute would be great. I personally don't want the people that say these things to be banned, I just want them to learn their lesson on respect.

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
Lucidictive and everyone else on this thread:

Even if after reporting a player you get a message like "thanks for the report, this user has been dealt with appropriately!", that does not mean they have been banned. Sometimes dealing with them appropriately means doing absolutely nothing. ;) It's common staff policy to say that to protect the privacy of the reported user.

I absolutely agree with everything in this thread. Messages such as those should be punishable as they are intended to make the targeted player feel like crap and angry as well. The intent is what matters.

V3dock

Experienced
Reaction score
is it possible to ban words?
like when you type it you get an error.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci